1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Heated TRD Sport seats?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by catskillbill, May 24, 2008.

1. May 24, 2008 at 6:30 PM
    catskillbill

catskillbill [OP] Member

Member:
    Delaware County,NY
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD Sport DC LB 4.0 Auto Indigo Ink
    Most heated seats are leather. Anyone install aftermarket heaters on their clothe front seats? How hard are they to install, and how do they perform? Any links would be appreciated too. Thanks.

2. May 24, 2008 at 6:35 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    I personally dont like stuff that draws that much power but really isnt neccessary. They draw a lot of juice almost as much as a rear window defroster-is it worth it?

3. May 25, 2008 at 4:22 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    My husband and I installed some last year.... and I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!

http://www.lieblweb.com/TechLinks/HeatedSeat/Heatedseat.htm

Please pardon any misspellings & what-not. I'm better at working on stuff with my hands than I am with grammer. ;)

Note: This mode takes a few minutes to warm up and wouldn't be good if you do a lot of short trips or are in & out of your vehicle. I drive about 9 miles to work each day - and it takes about 2 miles before it warms up. Now - in the winter, I will turn the truck on to warm up and I'll turn the heated seats on also. They supposedly have sensors in them so they won't actually come on unless you're sitting in them. I can't explain how or why but I believe they do heat up faster if you turn them on early.

I only installed it on my drivers seat - as I rarely have passengers.

4. May 25, 2008 at 7:06 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I was going to mention your install, but I couldnt find the link for it. Nice job, by the way! :)

5. May 25, 2008 at 9:36 PM
    catskillbill

catskillbill [OP] Member

Member:
    Delaware County,NY
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD Sport DC LB 4.0 Auto Indigo Ink
    Thanks Janster,

I couldn't ask for a better response. Thanks alot. Nice work on the install pictures and comments. My wife's AWD Montego has both front leather seats heated, and we love them too.

The ultimate would be to somehow rig your remote starter to activate the heater switch too, so when you get out of work and into your truck it's really toasty.

Thanks again, Bill

6. May 25, 2008 at 10:08 PM
    RedruM29

RedruM29 Blinking Car Mod...

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Nor☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    08 trd sport 4x4
    Just enough, and never enough
    i get too hot in those seats as it is, and i am in the snow all winter so you would have to be pretty cold blooded to need a seat warmer on the cloth.

7. Nov 14, 2008 at 9:15 AM
    rkdiddy

rkdiddy Senior Member

Member:
    OC Baby!
    Vehicle:
    '08 Taco DC PR
    I actually read through your write up and it convinced me to get heated seats. My A4 and G35 both have them and I love them.

Question though, I picked up elements for both the front seats - do you think I can run them together to the same add a circuit you did?

Thanks!

8. Nov 14, 2008 at 9:29 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    I wonder how these would work through Wet Okole seat covers? I just ordered them, but heated seats would be AWESOME up here in Minnesota!

Products Discussed in

To Top