Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Heated TRD Sport seats?

Old 05-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
catskillbill is on a distinguished road
catskillbill's Tacoma Gallery
Heated TRD Sport seats?

Most heated seats are leather. Anyone install aftermarket heaters on their clothe front seats? How hard are they to install, and how do they perform? Any links would be appreciated too. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:35 PM   #2
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I personally dont like stuff that draws that much power but really isnt neccessary. They draw a lot of juice almost as much as a rear window defroster-is it worth it?
Old 05-25-2008, 04:22 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
My husband and I installed some last year.... and I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!

http://www.lieblweb.com/TechLinks/He...Heatedseat.htm

Please pardon any misspellings & what-not. I'm better at working on stuff with my hands than I am with grammer.

Note: This mode takes a few minutes to warm up and wouldn't be good if you do a lot of short trips or are in & out of your vehicle. I drive about 9 miles to work each day - and it takes about 2 miles before it warms up. Now - in the winter, I will turn the truck on to warm up and I'll turn the heated seats on also. They supposedly have sensors in them so they won't actually come on unless you're sitting in them. I can't explain how or why but I believe they do heat up faster if you turn them on early.

I only installed it on my drivers seat - as I rarely have passengers.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:06 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post

Please pardon any misspellings & what-not. I'm better at working on stuff with my hands than I am with grammer.

Note: This mode takes a few minutes to warm up and wouldn't be good if you do a lot of short trips or are in & out of your vehicle. I drive about 9 miles to work each day - and it takes about 2 miles before it warms up. Now - in the winter, I will turn the truck on to warm up and I'll turn the heated seats on also. They supposedly have sensors in them so they won't actually come on unless you're sitting in them. I can't explain how or why but I believe they do heat up faster if you turn them on early.

I was going to mention your install, but I couldnt find the link for it. Nice job, by the way!
Old 05-25-2008, 09:36 PM   #5
catskillbill is on a distinguished road
catskillbill's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Heated Seat Install

Thanks Janster,

I couldn't ask for a better response. Thanks alot. Nice work on the install pictures and comments. My wife's AWD Montego has both front leather seats heated, and we love them too.

The ultimate would be to somehow rig your remote starter to activate the heater switch too, so when you get out of work and into your truck it's really toasty.

Thanks again, Bill
Old 05-25-2008, 10:08 PM   #6
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
i get too hot in those seats as it is, and i am in the snow all winter so you would have to be pretty cold blooded to need a seat warmer on the cloth.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:15 AM   #7
rkdiddy is on a distinguished road

rkdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I actually read through your write up and it convinced me to get heated seats. My A4 and G35 both have them and I love them.

Question though, I picked up elements for both the front seats - do you think I can run them together to the same add a circuit you did?

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2008, 09:29 AM   #8
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I wonder how these would work through Wet Okole seat covers? I just ordered them, but heated seats would be AWESOME up here in Minnesota!