Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Featured Truck last month?

Old 05-25-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
Johnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to all

Johnson8537's Tacoma Gallery
3" Lift With New Wheels (pics Wanted)

Who's Truck was featured last month or so. 05+ Larger Rims.

I just bought an 06 DC LB and sold the access cab.
I am putting a lift and wheels and tires soon and wanted to see some options.

Post what you have if you think it looks good!!
Also what size can you go with the 3" revtek without rubbing. I had 17" wheels with 33's last time can i go to a bigger rim ???
Old 05-25-2008, 11:11 AM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
that was lightmup's truck
Old 05-25-2008, 11:57 AM   #3
Johnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to all

Johnson8537's Tacoma Gallery
thanks....

Love his wheels but i think 18x 10 is too wide with the revtek 3" kit.

I don't think they make that wheel in a 17 x 8.5

anyone know the max width i can go? I assume 8.5 is max due to rubbing.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
lightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant future

lightmup's Tacoma Gallery
That was my truck. I have a 6"Fabtech lift and 33-12.50 on 20x10. Good luck with your set up what ever you decide on!!
Attached Thumbnails
Featured Truck last month?-truck.jpg  
Old 05-25-2008, 07:58 PM   #5
in2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4/27th FA... MLRS.... Wertheim Germany
Name: James
in2nite's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been meaning to tell u bro... The truck is sick.. and even more you use it... nice truck
Old 05-25-2008, 09:13 PM   #6
lightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by in2nite View Post
Ive been meaning to tell u bro... The truck is sick.. and even more you use it... nice truck
Thanks man! I just looked at some of the pix in you gallery and I have to say wright back at ya [sick lookin truck]
Old 05-27-2008, 07:19 AM   #7
moraink is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Soon to be MSgt
moraink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmup View Post
That was my truck. I have a 6"Fabtech lift and 33-12.50 on 20x10. Good luck with your set up what ever you decide on!!

That's an awesome truck!
Old 05-27-2008, 09:34 AM   #8
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Dude's got a sweet looking rig, and what's better is that he wheels the wee out of it!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-my-arrs.html

Old 05-27-2008, 09:53 AM   #9
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
ill say the same

love all the lifted taco's out there
Old 05-27-2008, 10:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Dude's got a sweet looking rig, and what's better is that he wheels the wee out of it!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-my-arrs.html

Thanks man! mjp2 did you get your test runs done. and when's the big race?
Old 05-28-2008, 09:39 AM   #11
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmup View Post
Thanks man! mjp2 did you get your test runs done. and when's the big race?
I've been working through the expected creaks and rattles and this past weekend I noticed a couple of clearance issues while installing longer SS braided brake lines.

The jounce shocks are not playing nice with the u-bolt flip kit I installed. The way things line up is just slightly off and the jounce are hitting the u-bolts. I'm going to pull the mounting plates, have some steel welded to the frame to reinforce everything, and will drill and re-mount the jounce shocks 1" farther forward and that issue will be fixed.

Slightly more complicated is that the driver's side rear shock contacts the rear disc brake caliper when the axle articulates. I'll probably have to grind off the bottom shock mounts and move them inward 2 inches, providing the shock bodies don't then contact the truck frame.

Once I get those issues worked out I'll be ready for some airtime!
Old 05-28-2008, 09:40 AM   #12

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah, and the race is in November. Lots of work to do before then!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:08 AM   #13
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
20's and 33's. 3" lift

Old 05-28-2008, 02:11 PM   #14
in2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4/27th FA... MLRS.... Wertheim Germany
Name: James
in2nite's Tacoma Gallery
Thanx bro... still got a lot of work ahead....
Thanks man! I just looked at some of the pix in you gallery and I have to say wright back at ya [sick lookin truck]
Old 05-28-2008, 10:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Oh yeah, and the race is in November. Lots of work to do before then!!!
Sounds like alot of work to do before the big day R&D can be a beast. Good luck with everything and post some pix with that thing air born!!