LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2 year Complimentary Service

Old 05-24-2010, 08:57 AM   #1
TacomaFanNC is on a distinguished road
TacomaFanNC's Tacoma Gallery
2 year Complimentary Service

Can anyone give me an estimate of what the approximate value for this incentive? I'm trying to decide on whether I should purchase now or wait until the 2011 comes out or buy used.

The only incentive on the 2010 that's offered in my area is the maintenance plan. I understand it covers oil changes... what else does it cover?
Old 05-24-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Figure the cost of about 5 oil changes, it's not that much of a value really. There is very little that needs to be done to these trucks in the first few years. Just change the oil and check things out. I figured it probably comes to about $250. It didn't have any bearing on my decision to buy the truck.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Honestly I'd try to see if the dealer would just give you cash value and take it off the top of the truck. I do all my own maintenance anyway.... I'd rather use synthetic and know it's done proper than some greese monkey doing the job that the dealer is getting bottom line pricing from Toyota anyway.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
DubVeeTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
DubVeeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaFanNC View Post
Can anyone give me an estimate of what the approximate value for this incentive? I'm trying to decide on whether I should purchase now or wait until the 2011 comes out or buy used.

The only incentive on the 2010 that's offered in my area is the maintenance plan. I understand it covers oil changes... what else does it cover?
Oil changes and tire rotation for 2 years or 25,000 miles. I'm with Kyouto42 - I prefer to do my own work, but if Toyota's going to do it for free, (and you trust the dealer's service dept.) then it's worth about $250 - $300.

I just bought my '10, and if you're thinking of waiting for the '11, I say get the '10 and have fun now -- it's what I decided to do. Sure, you get the prepaid maintenance plan as a perk right now, but I don't forsee any significant changes for '11 (as in, putting the new 4runner motor in the Taco). Plus, don't forget that you're looking at probably a 3% price increase for next year's model -- they go up every year.