1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Recieved my rims, their the wrong hub size.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by luk8272, May 25, 2008.

1. May 25, 2008 at 7:41 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Well I ordered my rims and tires from 4wheelparts.com. The very next day I had to go offshore that was the 1st of May. I got home today at 6pm. Started to put the rims on noticed they have the wrong hub size. They seem to be to small in diameter. I will call tomorrow and see if they are open. I am understand that our trucks are 106mm hub centric. Lug pattern is 6 on 5.5. Hopefully they will not give me too much trouble to make things right. The rims arrived around the 10th but I got home today the 26th. Any advise on what I should say when I call and talk to them. I'll just explain the situation and hope all goes well. :mad:

2. May 25, 2008 at 8:03 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    Your work is a special circumstance that they should sympathize with and if theyre good business guys, they should do right by you, as if you brought them back the next day! Bring proof of your offshore time in with you-adds integrity to your story:)

3. May 25, 2008 at 8:15 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
  4. May 25, 2008 at 8:32 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Humanoid, I am starting to feel the same way. It took them forever to get back with me about my order and to send me a tracking number. I was calling and e-mailing them. I never recieved a response. I just kept calling until I got an answer. Poor service however when I did get a person to talk to they were very polite and helpful.

5. May 25, 2008 at 8:34 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    One of the few who actually got a nice person to talk to. Hope it all works out for ya in the end, good luck.

6. May 26, 2008 at 7:33 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    I was kinda hoping they would be open today, just gonna have to wait until tomorrow.

7. May 26, 2008 at 9:38 AM
    RedruM29

RedruM29 Blinking Car Mod...

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Nor☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    08 trd sport 4x4
    Just enough, and never enough
    4WP is the worst sorry luk about your situation but i have soooooo been there with my old truck. I will not go back to 4 wheel parts ever again after they banged around with a hammer and broke off parts just to fit my old 10" suspension on:( i was so pissed and all they could say was "it wasn't our guys" blah blah blah= class action lawsuit=me winning enough to pay off my bills and buy whole new suspension for the f150, king shocks 37" toyos and everything. i actually have to thank them for mucking it up in the first place or i would not of had so much fun in the long run. Get yours Luk don't let them take advantage of you.

8. May 26, 2008 at 12:14 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    RedruM29 Thanks for the heads up. I don't usually let people walk on me, but I have a 3 yr old daughter and am trying to go about things in a more civil manner. Nothing bothers me more than the lack of pride people take in their work. Probably should have had a post asking about where to buy from. I'll no bertter for the next time.

9. May 26, 2008 at 2:12 PM
    RedruM29

RedruM29 Blinking Car Mod...

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Nor☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    08 trd sport 4x4
    Just enough, and never enough
    rep given to you, not 4wp!:D

10. May 28, 2008 at 6:44 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Ok I have had enough! I am getting them to send a truck to pick up their shi_. They are now telling me that they don't have a rim that will fit on my truck without sticking out 2" past the fender well. Their just nuts. I would also have to purchase a new set of wheels and tires, put it on my credit card again and wait 3 weeks to get it in the mail. Then when they get the old ones back they'll credit me. So where do ya'll recomend that I purchase from?

11. May 28, 2008 at 9:58 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Here is what I have been doing, trying to get them to pick up their stuff. Looking for the correct fitting wheel, I am told we can only get the big bore rims not the hubcentric. I also looked at getting the rims that are here machined that would run me 60 dollars a rim, not bad except the center caps wouldn't fit afterwords. I found a shop 40 minutes from here that deals with procomp so I am going there. They just got ordered should be in tomorrow. Total price $2060.64 a little more than the first time that I bought them but atleast I will be dealing with people in person. Wish me luck.

12. May 28, 2008 at 6:57 PM
    moraink

moraink Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Silver Doublecab 4x4
    Leather Seats DVD players in rear Westin Nerf Bars Westin Bull Bar w/ Hella lights K&N Performance Kit 3" Toy Tec Lift DC-1 Black (17x9) w/ BFG ATs
    I'm not very impressed with 4wheelparts either. They orginally told me that they didn't make aftermarket wheels for my 07 DC! Can you believe that? So I went to Discount Tire and not only did they have the wheels I wanted and assured me they would fit, they beat 4wheelparts price by $30 per rim.

13. May 28, 2008 at 7:34 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    I sure don't have anything good to say about them except that the people were polite when I spoke with them, but not very knowledgeable. How can you tell someone that they don't make a rim for your vehicle. Thats basically what they were telling me also. I'll see how my next avenue turns out tomorrow after lunch I should be picking up my new rims. I'll post tomorrow.

14. May 29, 2008 at 9:05 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Got it done. Their finally on the truck. I'll have to post pics tomorrow when I get back from the beach. Taking the girls out for some fun at the beach my daughters first time. Sorry to tease.

15. May 30, 2008 at 2:38 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Here she is in all her glory. Finally.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the Stainless grille also.
    [​IMG]

16. May 30, 2008 at 2:53 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    sweeeeeeeeeet!!!!!! Looks awesome man!

17. May 31, 2008 at 4:46 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Looking nice! Did you buy local or send your rims back? Glad you got it done. You happy with the setup?

18. May 31, 2008 at 5:30 AM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    very nice luk.

19. May 31, 2008 at 5:34 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    I am still trying to get the original set sent back. They claim they are sending a truck, but I haven't heard from them. I'll call again monday, they won't give my money back until they get their rims. I purchased these from a local shop. I hadn't realized that they delt with procomp. Good news is by going through them my TPMS works correctly. I like the way it looks and she drives good still getting 18mpg in town. Had to remove the mud flaps and trim like every one else. Now I don't have any rubbing from lock to lock. All I have to do is see how the travel is with the tires now.

Products Discussed in

To Top