Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

anyone use Hawk HP Superduty pads on the Taco?

Old 05-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
08BlackTacoma is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Police Officer
08BlackTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
anyone use Hawk HP Superduty pads on the Taco?

I tow a lot, and even with trailer brakes, i never mind having to much stopping power. These have excellent reviews, did anyone every try them? here is a link to them on Tirerack.

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...ner&perfCode=S
Old 05-25-2010, 01:04 AM   #2
has the day actually come? the day i never thought I would see, a post on here go unanswered!
Old 05-25-2010, 05:32 AM   #3
Metallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to behold
Metallikatz3's Tacoma Gallery
I use the hawk LTS pads and love them. Stopping power is improved over stock and iwith virtually no fade while towing (using power slot rotors)

I couldn't let tbhis go totally with out a response although it may not be exactly the info you were looking for
Old 05-25-2010, 07:03 AM   #4
valleythunder is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft Hydraulic Mech
Name: Rob
valleythunder's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't replaced the brake pads yet. The biggest difference I have found especially with towing has been the replacement of my brake lines with Stainless braided lines. I was VERY unhappy with the braking prior to this upgrade. Of course then there is the junk rear leaf springs that were replaced........
Old 05-25-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikatz3 View Post
I use the hawk LTS pads and love them. Stopping power is improved over stock and iwith virtually no fade while towing (using power slot rotors)

I couldn't let tbhis go totally with out a response although it may not be exactly the info you were looking for
Thanks! I saw the LTS pads, would consider them, but then I saw the Superduty pads, and said, if I can have more stopping power, why not... I may give them a shot...
Old 05-25-2010, 01:10 PM   #6
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I have the superduty pads on my Tacoma and they're excellent. Order from RaceShopper.com.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:13 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
I have the superduty pads on my Tacoma and they're excellent. Order from RaceShopper.com.
ah ha! I knew someone had to have them. Do you tow? and it so how do they do while towing?
Old 05-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #8
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
My truck has the load carrying capacity of a Civic these days so I can't say much for the towing performance, but they work great for racing.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:51 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
My truck has the load carrying capacity of a Civic these days so I can't say much for the towing performance, but they work great for racing.
haha ok, thanks!