Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Nissan SuperCharged Badging - Stupid?

View Poll Results: What do you think of the emblem/decal idea?
Do both 7 6.31%
Emblem in the grille is ok, decal on the bedside isn't 21 18.92%
Decal on the bedside is ok, emblem on the grille isn't 8 7.21%
The text is Nissan branded - don't do it. 75 67.57%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Nissan SuperCharged Badging - Stupid?

Looking for your opinion!

I'm going to do the Satoshi mod soon and the TRD S/C is supposed to be delivered tomorrow

I'm thinking of getting the SuperCharged emblems off a prior gen Nissan Frontier. The emblem would go in the lower corner of the Satoshi grill iwth a TRD logo. For the decal I would cut '4x4' off the sticker and put the SuperCharged decal under the TRD Sport decal on my bedside.

One thing I worry about is whether or not the text is generic or instantly recognizable as Nissan. I'm a bad judge because I obsessed over the supercharged Frontier when it came out so I know it when I see it.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Do not want.

Sleeper is always better. If someone asks what's under the hood, tell 'em they're just going to have to find out the hard way. The warble from the engine bay should tell them all they need to know anyway.

The only decal I would add is a TRD badge on the grille.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
k20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joseph
k20me's Tacoma Gallery
My opinion: Don't do it, and don't use the ones that come with the S/C either. They're pretty tacky.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:52 PM   #4
blkcoma32 will become famous soon enough

blkcoma32's Tacoma Gallery
not a fan of either, looks kinda tacky but then again it is from a nissan! but hey man it's your truck!
Old 05-24-2010, 07:52 PM   #5
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
i like it.. my buddy has a cobalt ss with the supercharger on it and his tag first tag said screamer and now it says v8 bait. i think it will look good..
Old 05-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #7
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Do not want.

Sleeper is always better. If someone asks what's under the hood, tell 'em they're just going to have to find out the hard way. The warble from the engine bay should tell them all they need to know anyway.

This is my view, and this happens. People come to the truck and only see a lift but hear the whine and i say i have a throttle body spacer and then show them a 4x4 launch thats out of this world (on a closed course) and Im gone

Im completely debadged
Old 05-24-2010, 08:01 PM   #8
Zombie Killer
High-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement:
High-Gear's Tacoma Gallery
I've kicked around the idea of having SockMonkey make a TRD sticker for the back with Supercharged incorporated, but now I'm thinking about de-badging all together. Try it out and see if you like it, just make it so you can change it later if your tastes change.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #9
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k20me View Post
My opinion: Don't do it, and don't use the ones that come with the S/C either. They're pretty tacky.
This is the one that comes with it right? Cuz yeah, thats pretty disgusting.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #10
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Get Sock Monkey to do you a set of New TRD bed decals with Supercharged added.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:22 PM   #11
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
To each is own I suppose!
Old 05-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #12
MASTER CHIEF
STR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
STR8_BEAST's Tacoma Gallery
i think you should get the one from the honda elements that are supercharged, its just a "SC" and it looks slick
Old 05-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #13
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Leave it clean...don't put any decals on it..except a TRD one when you finish the Satoshi
Old 05-24-2010, 09:39 PM   #14
Local TW dissenter
toy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoy02ota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
toy02ota's Tacoma Gallery
Why would you want anything from a Nissan on your Taco? Blasphemy!
Old 05-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #15
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Do not want.

x2
Old 05-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #16
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy02ota View Post
Why would you want anything from a Nissan on your Taco? Blasphemy!
x2
Old 05-24-2010, 10:13 PM   #17
tumbleweed farmer
307prerunner is on a distinguished road

Name: Austin
307prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

x2

just having a supercharger would be b.a.

let em find out the right way
Old 05-25-2010, 03:52 AM   #18

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you all are definitely fans of the subtle

After looking around, I think I'm going to scrap the Frontier badging idea. I'm going to figure out what to do w/ the grille and go from there
Old 05-25-2010, 05:00 AM   #19
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
You don't have it don't do it, If you do but not a Nissan still don't do it.