Need your opinion

View Poll Results: What should I get?
TRD S/C 24 38.10%
New Alpine H/U and Speakers 10 15.87%
Rims 2 3.17%
Toytec ultimate lift kit 27 42.86%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Need your opinion

Im getting a job and I know have the option to pay for the mods on my truck. so I want to change some things up.

I have the choice of a TRD Supercharger, New Alpine Double Din head unit and new Alpine speakers, new rims, or a Toytec ultimate lift kit cause I cant take them spacers. soo what do you think

This is all coming fully out of my own pocket
Old 05-24-2010, 10:03 PM   #3
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say lift or supercharger. They at least give you performance, whereas a head unit, speakers or rims won't. And plus you can get rid of those spacers.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
takomabeast is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
takomabeast's Tacoma Gallery
lift kit FTW. Sounds system can be replaced easily and quickly at a later point...Supercharger will reduce gas mileage(unless that is not a problem), Rims would look better after a lift...especially if your gonna go bigger tires.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:13 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i'd say work the job...save the money...

dont spend money you dont have yet

it's all well and good to plan but ive found i spend less frivolously when i dont set a "goal" and just save save save until i reach a certain monetary point and then reward myself with a purchase of sorts
Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #6
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the S/C. Wish I could slap a super charger on my rig!
Old 05-24-2010, 11:07 PM   #8
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
the price difference between the S/C and the everything else is rediculous.....just get all those but the S/C for about the same price as an S/C
Old 05-24-2010, 11:09 PM   #9
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i'd say work the job...save the money...

dont spend money you dont have yet

it's all well and good to plan but ive found i spend less frivolously when i dont set a "goal" and just save save save until i reach a certain monetary point and then reward myself with a purchase of sorts
actually i take back what i said..... do this... its tough for me because i work at best buy and i use my whole paycheck every two weeks and what ever's left goes to my truck payment.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:19 PM   #10
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yeah i guess a TRD S/C would end up costing all three of those together. When i got a quote for the Alpine INA-W900 with Alpine G-series speakers and alpine ipod hook up and dash kit would cost about 2000 with the purchase of a warranty. I was all set on getting that but now I've come to realize that im killing my truck with the spacers, my suspension is squeaking like a mofo, i hit the bump stops every day on the littlest bump in the road....it just sucks, so i figure if im gonna lift it, do it right.

Im still undecided
Old 05-24-2010, 11:24 PM   #11
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
if youre gonna do that soundsystem. get that head unit do the alpine type s speakers and an alpine power pack more info on it here and seriously do it through best buy. our warranty covers everthing. literally. the only thing it doesnt cover is lost or stolen. any thing else its covered. even speaker blow outs, amp failure, any defects or malfunctions.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:25 PM   #12
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
and install is guranteed for life so if you do want to sell the truck and keep the sound system you can get the OEM system re installed for no extra charge
Old 05-24-2010, 11:38 PM   #13
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Lift!
Old 05-24-2010, 11:45 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
and install is guranteed for life so if you do want to sell the truck and keep the sound system you can get the OEM system re installed for no extra charge
If I buy an Alpine INA-W900 from eBay will bestbuy install it?

I had best buy install my current Alpine and they did the best job on it! Love best buy.

I feel like I'm getting ripped off. Car Toys is where I looked at the Alpines and wher I got quoted 2k. It was gonna cost I think 200 or more for installation and they only carried metra dash kits, I prefer scosche. So I'd have to buy a dash kit off of eBay. I am just unsure abt that place but I do like the type G Alpines, they are at a lower price than the type S but sounded just as good. The guys at car toys said the type G's are the Asian version of the type R's....
but I figured any Alpine speaker is great ( I'm a full Alpine fan and supporter)

What do you think. I did hear the bestbuy near my house is gonna start selling Alpine double din headunits....is that true for all bestbuys??
Old 05-24-2010, 11:55 PM   #15
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
If I buy an Alpine INA-W900 from eBay will bestbuy install it?

I had best buy install my current Alpine and they did the best job on it! Love best buy.

I feel like I'm getting ripped off. Car Toys is where I looked at the Alpines and wher I got quoted 2k. It was gonna cost I think 200 or more for installation and they only carried metra dash kits, I prefer scosche. So I'd have to buy a dash kit off of eBay. I am just unsure abt that place but I do like the type G Alpines, they are at a lower price than the type S but sounded just as good. The guys at car toys said the type G's are the Asian version of the type R's....
but I figured any Alpine speaker is great ( I'm a full Alpine fan and supporter)

What do you think. I did hear the bestbuy near my house is gonna start selling Alpine double din headunits....is that true for all bestbuys??
If I buy an Alpine INA-W900 from eBay will bestbuy install it? yes i believe install for a double din is $100

they only carried metra dash kits, I prefer scosche
we have scosche dash kits.

I am just unsure abt that place but I do like the type G Alpines, they are at a lower price than the type S but sounded just as good. The guys at car toys said the type G's are the Asian version of the type R's

honestly.....theyre alright i would spend the extra couple bills and get type s's you will be happier in the long run and since youre not getting a sub theyre great because they have amazing bass for speakers.

x2. i love alpine..... but the only alpine brand im running is amps.

my set up is like a mutt.

Pioneer H/U
Infinity Speakers
Rockford Fosgate and Monster Wiring
2 Alpine Vpower amps
and a Kicker Sub.

haha
but it sounds great and i love it!

not 100% sure but i can find out. we have the INA-W900 online but not in store
Old 05-25-2010, 12:05 AM   #16
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
i hope this is helping
Old 05-25-2010, 12:08 AM   #17
Quote:
If I buy an Alpine INA-W900 from eBay will bestbuy install it? yes i believe install for a double din is $100

they only carried metra dash kits, I prefer scosche
we have scosche dash kits.

I am just unsure abt that place but I do like the type G Alpines, they are at a lower price than the type S but sounded just as good. The guys at car toys said the type G's are the Asian version of the type R's

honestly.....theyre alright i would spend the extra couple bills and get type s's you will be happier in the long run and since youre not getting a sub theyre great because they have amazing bass for speakers.

x2. i love alpine..... but the only alpine brand im running is amps.

my set up is like a mutt.

Pioneer H/U
Infinity Speakers
Rockford Fosgate and Monster Wiring
2 Alpine Vpower amps
and a Kicker Sub.

haha
but it sounds great and i love it!

not 100% sure but i can find out. we have the INA-W900 online but not in store
Hearing this I feel alot better about this! I think I will go with the type s cause some days I want to blast some heavy hitting bass rap, although the stock speakers are holding up and are decent for non jbl. I think I will go with bestbuy cause knock on wood they have not dissapointed me or my brothers. My brothers put Alpine h/u's and speakers in their trucks and did it all thru bestbuy with purchasing and installation and not one problem or mishap. Now that you mentioned the warranties bestbuy offers I feel like bestbuy is the way to go. Bestbuy FTW!

How much is speaker installation?
Old 05-25-2010, 12:11 AM   #18
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hearing this I feel alot better about this! I think I will go with the type s cause some days I want to blast some heavy hitting bass rap, although the stock speakers are holding up and are decent for non jbl. I think I will go with bestbuy cause knock on wood they have not dissapointed me or my brothers. My brothers put Alpine h/u's and speakers in their trucks and did it all thru bestbuy with purchasing and installation and not one problem or mishap. Now that you mentioned the warranties bestbuy offers I feel like bestbuy is the way to go. Bestbuy FTW!

How much is speaker installation?

Nice!!!

and as far as speaker install....not 100% sure on that either....i cant remember what size speakers our trucks have.... i believe it was something like 6x9's in the front and 6 1/2's in the back.....

no amp?

i THINK its $50 a pair.......could be more not 100% sure.. i could let you know tomorrow though!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:17 AM   #19
Quote:
Nice!!!

and as far as speaker install....not 100% sure on that either....i cant remember what size speakers our trucks have.... i believe it was something like 6x9's in the front and 6 1/2's in the back.....

no amp?

i THINK its $50 a pair.......could be more not 100% sure.. i could let you know tomorrow though!
I would love to get subs but I don't want to lose all the storage space behind my back seats.

Would I need an amp for the speakers?

I know this won't help much but the front speakers are oval shaped and the rear are circular.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:20 AM   #20
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would love to get subs but I don't want to lose all the storage space behind my back seats.

Would I need an amp for the speakers?

I know this won't help much but the front speakers are oval shaped and the rear are circular.
yep 6x9's in the front and 6 1/2's in the back.

and you dont NEED and amp but its highly recommended....

if you dont wanna drop $250 for an alpine amp like i said before do the alpine power pack.... essentially does the same thing for half the price