Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Truxedo low pro with dirt bike in back?

Old 05-25-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
Guess2010 will become famous soon enough

Name: DAVE
Guess2010's Tacoma Gallery
Truxedo low pro with dirt bike in back?

Ok so i bought a new 2010 speed way blue tacoma TRD and i must say im loving it.
So im in the market for a tonneau cover have been looking at the truxedo low pro
Was woundering how well this cover works when hauling a dirt bike in the back.
Any pics would be be sweet
Old 05-25-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
not sure about the dirt bike, but here's pics/threads about the low pro

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...led-today.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post1691990
Old 05-25-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
I got the SNUGTOP SL...I LOVE IT...

its color matched from factory and has a lifetime warranty on its hardware and paint. standard features are carpeted underlay, single key entry with trunk locking mechanism (1 on each side of tonneau covers), water tight seal.

another awesome feature that you can get is keyless entry, automatic open/close, gear mate (which helps you organize tools and what not on your tonneau covers back side, and a yakima rack whether for bikes, snowboards, skis, kayaks etc on the top of the tonneau cover...

reason I like mines so much is things like water and snow don't bother this tonneau cover. no water gets inside while if there is snow sitting on the tonneau cover the shocks will be cold and can't hold the weight but at least you can open up the tonneau cover and access your bed...with other tonneau covers like pace edwards full metal jacket I noticed on my friends truck that when it snowed you would need to pour hot water all over the locking mechanism and tracks to allow the tonneau cover to retract/open and close. plastic tonneau covers from what i saw couldn't hold the weight of snow and would collapse or bend in a way where you couldn't get the sink hole/bend out of the tonneau cover...

maybe i'm a little biased...but I wouldn't choose any other 1...

click for link -> Snug Top SL
Old 06-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #4
AbqTRD2010 is just really niceAbqTRD2010 is just really niceAbqTRD2010 is just really niceAbqTRD2010 is just really nice

Name: Michael
AbqTRD2010's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to AbqTRD2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0LLPHR33 View Post
I got the SNUGTOP SL...I LOVE IT...

its color matched from factory and has a lifetime warranty on its hardware and paint. standard features are carpeted underlay, single key entry with trunk locking mechanism (1 on each side of tonneau covers), water tight seal.

another awesome feature that you can get is keyless entry, automatic open/close, gear mate (which helps you organize tools and what not on your tonneau covers back side, and a yakima rack whether for bikes, snowboards, skis, kayaks etc on the top of the tonneau cover...

reason I like mines so much is things like water and snow don't bother this tonneau cover. no water gets inside while if there is snow sitting on the tonneau cover the shocks will be cold and can't hold the weight but at least you can open up the tonneau cover and access your bed...with other tonneau covers like pace edwards full metal jacket I noticed on my friends truck that when it snowed you would need to pour hot water all over the locking mechanism and tracks to allow the tonneau cover to retract/open and close. plastic tonneau covers from what i saw couldn't hold the weight of snow and would collapse or bend in a way where you couldn't get the sink hole/bend out of the tonneau cover...

maybe i'm a little biased...but I wouldn't choose any other 1...

click for link -> Snug Top SL

T0LLPHR33: I am a huge fan of the SnugTop as well. I had one on my S-10 and it fit perfectly. I just got one installed on my 2010 Tacoma DC LongBed, it looks great on there. However, There is a gab (about .5 inch) between the back of the tail gate as well as between the top of the tailgate and the lid. I did not expect to have this gap. I can barely wrap my finger in between and around the tailgate. my concern with this is water being able to get in.

Do you have a similar gap on your sungtop SL? Was your plastic caps on the bed removed prior to the install of the Sungtop or were they left on? I'm thinking if the plastic caps were taken off of the bed of the truck, the lid would fit more flush with the curve of the top of the tailgate and not have this gap.