1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help me decide what to do with my lights

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by flightcancled, May 26, 2010.

1. May 26, 2010 at 6:00 AM
    flightcancled

flightcancled [OP] Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    Alrighty so I bought these Gen 1 projectors off a member here since they were too cheap to pass up and I hated the output of the stock lights despite trying multiple bulb types and playing with the aim on a constant basis.

So far I have not had a single issue with the projectors, the output is great, no fogging despite rain, changing temps, and whatnot. No way am I going back to stock!

The issue is they still look like crap! I am definately itching to do something to get my front end looking good agian. The chrome is blindingly bright during the day to I am definately doing some sort of paint job. At the same time though I am not a huge fan of black headlights and want to keep a fair amount of chrome. Issue is I am a bit overwhelmed by my options.

[​IMG]

I have been thinking of a few different things and want your opinions:

For starters I am definately ripping out the stupid Eyebrow LED bar and painting over the 3 LED dots on both sides.

I was thinking about playing with the reflector housing and seeing how it functions as a fog lamp. If it works I am going to swap the LEDs to amber and make them my signals. Unfortunatley I have a feeling that it will not have a veryy good beam pattern but its still worth a shot. (The housing is chome, its the bulb that gives the orange color)

Painting:
    • Black or Colormatch?
    • Paint an eyebrow and leave the rest chrome?
    • Paint everything except the necessary reflective surfaces inside the bezels?
    • Paint everything except the extruded tubes that house the 3 lights on both sides?
    Has anyone else played with these and can anyone think of anything I haven't thought of yet?

Thanks!

2. May 26, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    flightcancled

flightcancled [OP] Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s

Products Discussed in

To Top