Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Replacement bumer for '10 PreRun I4

Old 05-26-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
MTP is on a distinguished road
Name: Matthew
MTP's Tacoma Gallery
Replacement bumer for '10 PreRun I4

So, I got a ding in my new Tacoma. My fault... I tapped one of those conccret pilars in a parking lot that is exactly bumper height. I couldn't see it while I was backing up and I tapped it (really, really lightly.)

I put a ding in the bumper right below the tail light. It's barely noticable, and I was about to pound it out from the back side. But, the small ripple is going to drive me insane.

I've been looking around, but I can't seem to find an inexpensive replacemnt bumper anywhere.

All I need is the chrome part, nothing else. I don't need hardware or plastic peices.

Does anyone know a place to by an inexpensive bumper?

Thanks.

Also, is the 2009 PreRunner bumper the same as the 2010?
Old 05-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The 2009 and 2010 bumpers are the same, whether you are a prerunner, 4x4, or base model.

I ditched my chrome bumper when I dented it and bought a black one from Toyotapartsbarn for $200. I can get you the part # if you are interested.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
MTP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
The 2009 and 2010 bumpers are the same, whether you are a prerunner, 4x4, or base model.

I ditched my chrome bumper when I dented it and bought a black one from Toyotapartsbarn for $200. I can get you the part # if you are interested.

I didn't realize there were any other options. For 200 bucks, that sounds great. I link or a part number would be great.

Thanks.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
MTP's Tacoma Gallery
Also, most of the sites selling bumpers say "w/street package" or "w/o street package."

My truck has the SR5 package, but what the heck is the street package...

How do I know if I have it?
Old 05-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The part number for the black bumper "skin" (you have re-use the structural support for the bumper) is 5215104907.