Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wiring schematics needed

Old 05-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
Wiring schematics needed

OK guys and gals - I need the breakdown on two of the plugs in our Tacoma..

First i need a diagram of what the 4 pins do in the back of the auto dimming mirror (like, what is ground, what is power.. etc)

Second i need to get the same info on the overhead compass/temperature plug.

I got a stock auto-dimming mirror and i need to wire it up (i don't have the stock plug under my headliner)

THANKS
Old 05-26-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OKAY sooo i found out on the mirror what is positive and what is negative (for reference - there are 4 terminals on the back of the mirror. The one closest to the adjuster is positive, the second one is negative, the other two are left alone. The other spaces are for the backup camera not available for my truck)

AND i'll just splice the power into the temp unit. Anyone got any clue which wire is positive and which is negative on that plug?
Old 05-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #5
acmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
acmair's Tacoma Gallery
u can just forget about the Tacoma and drive your Chevy
Old 05-26-2010, 10:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
np. some of the wiring might be a little different, but most of the time at least one of the wires colors are the same
i found this:
http://www.customtacos.com/tech/file.../h/em01d34.pdf
which helps a bit. but i wasnt successful locating anything for that plug for the temp screen. I was hoping to find a power and ground in there that i could tap into.

Ground wouldnt be a big issue (anywhere up there i could use a sheet metal screw and an eye hook) but that power would be rad.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:00 PM   #10

Quote:
i think there are a couple threads on the overhead console temp gauge...idk if they have pics of the wires. idk i never looked at them lol i don't have an overhead console anyway
yah.. i wrote one. BUT i didnt detail the wiring.. just showed where it all was
Old 05-26-2010, 11:13 PM   #14

Quote:
is it red and black? lol yah usually red is power...
haha i actually dont know. that was part of my excitement when looking through that wiring schematic online.. if i could find the plug and it was red.. there we go. It does have a switched power (obviously) and i'm sure i could easily tie the power from it to the autodimming mirror without blowing the fuse.