Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Aftermarket Exhaust

Old 05-26-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
Proud to be Awesome
Twiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: U.S.S. San Jacinto (CG-56)
Twiget's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket Exhaust

I'm looking into putting a cat back exhaust system on my truck. Before I make a decision on which set-up to go with, I was wondering if anyone had audio clips of the various systems on their truck? If so post em up.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:54 AM   #2
Proud to be Awesome
Twiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: U.S.S. San Jacinto (CG-56)
Twiget's Tacoma Gallery
Beuller? Beuller?
Old 05-27-2010, 08:58 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Not to be an ass but search. Plenty of clips on youtube as well.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:00 AM   #4
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Not to be an ass but search. Plenty of clips on youtube as well.
Only problem is that YT clips have poor audio quality IMO. I really like my TRD cat back. Nice low rumble and not overwhelming.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
Only problem is that YT clips have poor audio quality IMO.
Maybe some but not all. The clips here wont be any better here because most are recording with either a point and shoot camera or camcorder not a HD movie camera in a studio. Even worse are those that use a cell phone to record a clip.

Here is my clip and I think it's good for using a point ans shoot camera. Banks Monster Exhaust:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYR2VJGSH2o
Old 05-27-2010, 04:23 PM   #7
copdude33 will become famous soon enoughcopdude33 will become famous soon enough
Army:
copdude33's Tacoma Gallery
I have the TRD system. It's all stainless, not just the tip, and is made especially for the Tacoma. Will not affect warranty either like some aftermarket ones. Looks good too.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:30 PM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by copdude33 View Post
I have the TRD system. It's all stainless, not just the tip, and is made especially for the Tacoma. Will not affect warranty either like some aftermarket ones. Looks good too.
Aftermarket exhausts or any other aftermarket part for that matter won't affect warranty unless it is proven to have caused damaged to the vehicle.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:39 PM   #9
copdude33 will become famous soon enoughcopdude33 will become famous soon enough
Army:
copdude33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Aftermarket exhausts or any other aftermarket part for that matter won't affect warranty unless it is proven to have caused damaged to the vehicle.
Just telling you what two dealers here told me. Non-OEM exhaust could void warranty so that's why I chose to go with genuine parts. It's not worth the chance.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:42 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is true, but the TRD catback sounds better than any of the other options, so why not go with it anyway?
Old 05-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #11
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by copdude33 View Post
Just telling you what two dealers here told me. Non-OEM exhaust could void warranty so that's why I chose to go with genuine parts. It's not worth the chance.
Yeah the dealer says a lot of things to avoid spending cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
This is true, but the TRD catback sounds better than any of the other options, so why not go with it anyway?
I agree that it sounds good but I got the better deal on my Banks and I like how it sounds as well.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #13
cyclewvu is on a distinguished road
cyclewvu's Tacoma Gallery
Similar to Twidget's question: I'm considering putting an aftermarket/custom exhaust on my 08 4cyl regular cab, but I've only been able to find ONE kit that fits (Jardine on URD.com). I'm considering getting a custom exhaust put on for about the same price. Anybody with a 2nd gen 4cyl regular cab have any better luck? Anybody try custom exhausts? Thoughts?
Old 05-27-2010, 06:06 PM   #14
Apache
gmpm is on a distinguished road

Name: Greg
gmpm's Tacoma Gallery
local shop will pit on any flowmaster, with two out duals and chrome tips for $300- will probably dump the pipes after the axle and skip the chrome..
Old 05-27-2010, 06:16 PM   #15
cyclewvu is on a distinguished road
cyclewvu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmpm View Post
local shop will pit on any flowmaster, with two out duals and chrome tips for $300- will probably dump the pipes after the axle and skip the chrome..
that's pretty much what the local shop told me, for about $350. But he said I would have to lose the spare tire to accommodate the custom exhaust. Think that's worth it? Would I feel much difference in power? I also have a K&N intake system
Old 05-27-2010, 06:26 PM   #16
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclewvu View Post
Would I feel much difference in power?
If your placebo effect is really really strong, yeah, sure.