1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need good vibes...My 1st attempt to buy Tacoma fails...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by moulin6801, May 27, 2010.

1. May 27, 2010 at 10:00 AM
    moulin6801

moulin6801 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey guys, just venting a little here, maybe some suggestions would be great.
    I have a 2008 Mazda3 that I am upsidown on it by $3K, :mad: try to get this beatufiul TRD Sport,Crew, Long bed, light gray color but they turn me down, since I have to on the $499 note, putting down another $2K cash.
    I will try again Saturday or Monday, (do you think I should wait for Monday??) and I will bring more money, I will offer $3K, but that is it, I have no more money, in fact, that was my first mod's money that I will have to give it away.
    I hope it works and I will be the proud owner of a 2010 Tacoma.
    If it does not work, than I will have to wait some more, save more money and try again in December for 2011 model!
    PS: In a weak moment, I drove to the nissan dealer and test drove the Frontier ( since I really want to have a truck this summer), but I have to tell you that you just can not compare... If I wanted that truck, LE crew cab, I am sure they would have given it to me for the same deal, but it just rode rough, and i was just not as fun to drive. In fact, I think the Tacoma, crew long bed drives better (more fun) than the Frontier crew, short bed!!
    So, will see....
    Cheers
    David - Nashville.

2. May 27, 2010 at 10:03 AM
    skunk

skunk what did I miss?

Member:
    First Name:
    Rudi
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD 4x4 (STOLEN)
    YOU WILL BE MISSED Satoshi Grill, FX-R retros, husky liners, bed bolt d-rings, TRD short throw shifter, 2.5 Fox Coil overs, AP UCA's, AP Expo rear leaf with Fox 2.0 shocks, Extended SS brake lines, AP kick-out sliders, 265/75/16 on Konig Countersteers, AllPro Apex front bumper and Zip Ties.
    Good luck! Don't over extend your self, you'll be glad you didn't.

3. May 27, 2010 at 10:07 AM
    Canadianboy

Canadianboy Taco love in East Van

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport S/B 4x4 Auto in Mag Grey
    Icon Stage 3, Goodyear Duratracs and KMC Addicts!
    Are you trading in your Mazda? Why not try to sell it privately? By trading it in, you will always be worse off financially. Sell it your self and you'll be able to save more money. Good luck

4. May 27, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    TOYOTA 09

TOYOTA 09 Kicking Ass Since 1981

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2009 SR5 MT 4x4 Access Cab
    Preview 2009 SR5 4x4 MT Black Sand Pearl (Access Cab) SUSPENSION ToyTec 5100 Billstein Coil Overs (3" Lift) Fox 2.0 Remote Res Rear Shocks Total Chaos UCAs Full Dakar Leaf Pack w/Extra AAL TIRES & WHEELS BFG AT KOs 265/75/16 load range E American Rancing AR-23 Wheels Borla CAT back exhaust AFE cold air intake w/custom TRD clear cover Satoshi grill w/Grill Craft insert Hella 500 behind grill lights Rigid Industries Backup lights Interior Custom LEDs and Bed Lights Backup Cam Anytime MOD Leather armrest and rear seat MOD Weathertech floor liners Custom rear gear/dog platform Cobra CB and Garmin GPS Bed Mat UWS low pro tool box with Custom LED lights Diff breather MOD Custom painted engine cover Wet Okole seat covers
    Dude....that truck is way out of your price range! come on!!! you are already upsidedown! Sell the damn mazda and buy a used car for 3K! this is the reason we as a country are the way we are now!

5. May 27, 2010 at 10:31 AM
    Jimmyjohn

Jimmyjohn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Big Sky Country Montana
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 DLB CAB
    Smitty Blt Bull Bar& Skid Plate, PIAA 525SMR lights
    Don't worry that that is your Mod. Money. Thats just too Damn bad. If you want the truck bad enough pay the bucks and do a little growing up. You already screwed up in the past are you going to start right out and do it again. I'm sure you'll have time and money over the next few years to get Mods, only when you can really afford them.

6. May 27, 2010 at 10:39 AM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    Tacoholic?

7. May 27, 2010 at 10:40 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    Shop around and get a used one where someone else already paid for the depriciation of the truck. get a 08 or 09...since your upside down you dont need to fuck yourself anymore...
    Sell the mazda privatley to get the best deal for yourself.

8. May 27, 2010 at 12:09 PM
    TRDSPORTtaco

TRDSPORTtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    St. George UT
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    Lift and Wheels
    Let me tell you from first hand experience that you need to just wait. In the last 6 years i have owned 5 cars. 3 out of the 5 I traded in at a dealership and my situation got worse and worse and worse. Finally I decided my being upside down sucked really bad. I was trapped and needed to get out. I started working harder and longer and cut back on almost everything (my wife hates roman noodles and mac and cheeses now) to make extra payments towards my car. After 2 years of busting my chops I paid my $23k loan down to $4k. I sold my car for $14,000 and put my $10k profit away until I got my tax returns this year giving me $15,000 towards the Tacoma I had been wanting for 2 years. Instead of buying a brand new 2010 for $30k I found a 2006 for $16.5k private party and only had to get a bank loan for $3000 to cover the difference and tax and title.

Moral of the story - PUT ALL THE EXTRA MONEY YOU HAVE TOWARDS YOUR CAR AND GET RIGHT SIDE UP. THEN SELL YOUR CAR PRIVATE PARTY (to some high school chick) AND BUY WITHIN YOUR MEANS.

Taking the time to make your situation right will save you a ton of money and stress.

9. May 27, 2010 at 12:11 PM
    mjohn617

mjohn617 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Petaluma, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC TRD sprt silver
    Haha...not doing it...can't make me!

For Sure man! Save some extra cash for your toys too, you know your going to want some when you get the truck.

10. May 27, 2010 at 12:11 PM
    Evans381

Evans381 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Rome, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner
    Toytec ultimate coilovers. 5% Window tint. 40% windshield. Kenwood DDX372BT Monitor. JL Audio 12w0v3 subwoofer set in ported Q-Bomb box. 20" Gear Alloy Recoil wheels wrapped in Cooper Zeon LTZ tires
    Dont buy stuff you cant afford. Period

Products Discussed in

To Top