1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New stickers, anyone? Load capacity.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RobbKruger, May 27, 2010.

1. May 27, 2010 at 11:53 AM
    RobbKruger

RobbKruger [OP] Wasting away in the frozen North

Member:
    First Name:
    Robb
    Twin Cities, Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma DC TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    Access Bed cover, Access tailgate gasket, OEM Roof Rack, Garmin 780 12V bed outlet mod 120V in the console mod "Don't steal my tailgate" mod Yakima Lowrider rack mounted to OEM rack with Thule Cascade XT carrier Avid Arctic bar SOON TO COME - OME 885 lift kit
    Toyota Distributors Recall Nearly 425,000 Vehicles

WASHINGTON - Two distributors for Toyota Motor Corp. -- Gulf States Toyota Inc. of Houston and Southeast Toyota Distributors of Deerfield Beach, Fla. -- are recalling a total of 424,835 Toyota vehicles because labels detailing the load-carrying capacity were missing or less accurate than required.
    To remedy the problem, dealers will replace the certification label, the tire and loading information label and the load-carrying capacity modification label free of charge. Dealers will also correct the owner's manual, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said.
    Gulf States Toyota is recalling 271,417 Toyota vehicles sold between Sept. 1, 2005 and June 2, 2008 without the required load-carrying capacity modification labels.
    Southeast Toyota is recalling 153,418 Toyota vehicles sold during the same period for the same reasons.
    Gulf States Toyota can be reached at (713) 580-3300. Southeast Toyota can be reached at (954) 420-2000

2. May 27, 2010 at 11:55 AM
    RobbKruger

Member:
    First Name:
    Robb
    Twin Cities, Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Access Bed cover, Access tailgate gasket, OEM Roof Rack, Garmin 780 12V bed outlet mod 120V in the console mod "Don't steal my tailgate" mod Yakima Lowrider rack mounted to OEM rack with Thule Cascade XT carrier Avid Arctic bar SOON TO COME - OME 885 lift kit
    I work for a large motor vehicle lessor and this came as an email update today. I remember there being discussion at some point on the board about folks receiving updated door jam stickers after they had the TSB spring work done. I did not receive such a sticker... Wonder if this is to rectify some of that.

3. May 27, 2010 at 12:08 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    Thanks for keeping us informed.

4. May 29, 2010 at 3:40 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    bought my 09 in july 08 and didnt come w/ one...same for the 07 i bought in nov 06

5. May 29, 2010 at 4:06 PM
    TacoVerde

TacoVerde Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    URD short shifter, OBX racing pedals and titanium/carbon fiber shift knob, Rear speaker mod, Taco bed mat, Bed extender, taco door sill protectors, Black TRD floormats, AFE stage 2 CAI, Doug Thorley Header and Catback, Glassworks Unlimited front fenders/bedsides, Engage front LT kit,2.5x8 King co's with resi's, dj straps
    my truck came with one of those load carrying capacity reduced stickers figured because it was a prerunner, then a couple months ago i got a letter from toyota with a updated revised sticker

6. May 29, 2010 at 4:11 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Same here.

7. Jun 19, 2010 at 11:39 AM
    mbush

mbush Well-Known Member

Member:
    So I just got this letter and sticker today, and I was like "are kidding me?" A recall notice to put a sticker over another sticker?

The sticker says "Modifications to this vehicle have reduced the original load carrying capacity by 7.00kg or 15lbs." As far as I can remember, no modifications were ever done to my truck since I bought it. Pretty obvious that toyota is trying to cheap out of the doing the TSB.

8. Jun 19, 2010 at 12:15 PM
    StandingCow

StandingCow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4 V6 access cab
    Yea, that bothers me, why they didn't just add the TSB leaf spring on all new tacomas boggles my mind. I guess it was more important the truck ride like a car than it be able to be used as a truck.

With my TSB done, plus add a leaf (OME lift), I don't really care what they say the capacity is, I should be able to at least handle what it originally stated.

9. Jun 21, 2010 at 6:56 AM
    RobbKruger

Member:
    First Name:
    Robb
    Twin Cities, Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    I didn't think I would end up re-posting here... but this is just classic!

I bought an 09 Sport DC 4x4 a little over a year ago. Kudos to this site... I had the leaf spring TSB done before the 09s were on the list, and followed up with the tranny TSB. It already had a sticker in the door that reduced the carrying capacity by 260#.

Last week I got a letter... with a second sticker... saying my capacty has been reduced from the original by 26#...

Now.. do you suppose it is to replace the original sticker? Or it is in addition to the first? Not to mention "26#!!!!! Really!!!!"

The doorjam is going to start looking like a Nascar contender.

10. Jul 23, 2010 at 4:31 PM
    Liquidity

Liquidity OIF Vet

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner TRD sport
    Got mine in the mail today..

Can't really complain as the initial yellow sticker had a load reduction of 290bs or so.. This yellow sticker is only 59lbs.. I will take the old one off and put the new one on.

11. Jul 23, 2010 at 7:08 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150

Okay kiddies listen up. For the umpteenth time-The Manufacturer documented rear leaf spring Technical Service Bulletin and the Government mandated load reduction stickers are in no way related whatsoever. Visit NHTSA and read up.

Products Discussed in

To Top