Notices

JET V-Force Plus Performance Module

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
WRrider450 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
WRrider450's Tacoma Gallery
JET V-Force Plus Performance Module

Hey guys i was just wondering if anybody has any experience with the JET V-Force Plus Performance Module and if you have what you think about it. It seems kind of interesting...
http://www.amazon.com/67030-V-Force-...tive&carId=001
Old 05-27-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
I bought all 3 of the ones left... I'm gonna go SUPA FAST!
Old 05-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #3
haha let me know how they work out for you would ya?
Old 05-27-2010, 08:46 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Its not good, Your only bet for a calibrator/programer in that price range is the URD maf calibrator
Old 05-27-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRrider450 View Post
haha let me know how they work out for you would ya?
I just returned them.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #6
I also heard the APR X-1 Engine controller is also a good one...how do these calibrators work? are they just plug and play?
Old 05-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #7
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I also heard the APR X-1 Engine controller is also a good one...how do these calibrators work? are they just plug and play?
The ECU part is plug n play and the cam gears are a little more work. But it's has got dynamic fuel control, engine gaurdian, and it opens the door for many more mods.

http://aprpower.com/ecu_comparison.html
Old 05-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #8
sorry for my newbness but do i have to set it up with a laptop or something?
Old 05-27-2010, 09:10 PM   #9
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
sorry for my newbness but do i have to set it up with a laptop or something?
Nope, you plug it in and go. It comes calibrated for your mods. If you are naturally aspirated it will comes with one of 3 maps preloaded onto it.

1. Base calibration, stock speed limiter, front cats in place

2. Same as above with limiter removed

3. Hot map for max power, no front cats
Old 05-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #10
ahhh i see thanks dude
Old 05-28-2010, 06:30 AM   #11
mb_edgar is on a distinguished road
mb_edgar's Tacoma Gallery
Where can you buy the Apr X-1 at? and secondary question can there be more maps added for example if your supercharged?
Old 05-28-2010, 10:18 AM   #12
Sleeper 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_edgar View Post
Where can you buy the Apr X-1 at? and secondary question can there be more maps added for example if your supercharged?
http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.p...ci96j52b4f5bp1

and yes, URD has all sorts of maps for different set ups. It's extremely easy to use
Old 05-28-2010, 10:30 AM   #13
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The only problem with the X-1 is $$$$$. Also I wouldn't attempt to install the cam gears. Other than that it is awesome.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:47 AM   #14
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The only problem with the X-1 is $$$$$. Also I wouldn't attempt to install the cam gears. Other than that it is awesome.
people will drop $1300 in tires alone...its the same price...plus it's a self learning tuning system that's specifically made for the 1GR-FE...

the installation of cam gears is easy...its not hard at all...read the install directions a few times and take your time with the timing and setting of cam gears...I got tons of pics to show you how easy it is to swap out the cam gears once you get the timing set correctly...

I didn't do the short cut method...i turned the crank pulley till all the stars, planets, and moons aligned...lol

if anyone here gets the x-1 and needs confirmation on the timing marks for the cam gear install hit me up...I got more pictures than you'll ever need...lol
Old 05-28-2010, 10:53 AM   #15
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
^^^I've always been scared of timing. I helped do a cam mod on a Yamaha 450 but it's a bike and that was cake. Messing with timing on my DD though is scary. I've changed the clutch out on my Integra before and that was basically easy.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #16
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
^^^I've always been scared of timing. I helped do a cam mod on a Yamaha 450 but it's a bike and that was cake. Messing with timing on my DD though is scary. I've changed the clutch out on my Integra before and that was basically easy.
the thing is the timing is already set on the truck...in the instructions it tells you to rotate the crankshaft till the yellow indicators on the back of the timing chain line up to the middle marks on the VVTI indicators...once that's done you just have to make sure that the timing mark on the crank pulley is at zero...after all is said and done its really easy to do...just takes time and patients as you sit there rotating the crankshaft until everything lines up...

if you look at this picture below you can see that I have all the timing marks and VVTI marks lined up correctly...that should ease your mind on this installation process...

Old 05-28-2010, 11:08 AM   #17
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0LLPHR33 View Post
the thing is the timing is already set on the truck...in the instructions it tells you to rotate the crankshaft till the yellow indicators on the back of the timing chain line up to the middle marks on the VVTI indicators...once that's done you just have to make sure that the timing mark on the crank pulley is at zero...after all is said and done its really easy to do...just takes time and patients as you sit there rotating the crankshaft until everything lines up...

if you look at this picture below you can see that I have all the timing marks and VVTI marks lined up correctly...that should ease your mind on this installation process...

I'm just scared that the chain will jump a tooth and I wont notice or something. Then I go to start and my engine sounds like popcorn is being made. LOL

Question. If I had to for some reason go in for warranty work and I take out the APR unit will the computer through a light for APR timing gears?
Old 05-28-2010, 11:16 AM   #18

Quote:
I'm just scared that the chain will jump a tooth and I wont notice or something. Then I go to start and my engine sounds like popcorn is being made. LOL

Question. If I had to for some reason go in for warranty work and I take out the APR unit will the computer through a light for APR timing gears?
the chain can't and won't jump a tooth unless you don't line up the timing marks correctly...you install the cam gears driver side bank 1st then the passenger side bank...1st remove cam bolt...then remove the bolt for the timing tensioner (that bolt is the silver 1 that's in between the black bolts)lift chain up slowly while you pull out stock cam gear...put new cam gears in (the key hole on the came gear help you make sure that the cams line directly up with the center of the timing indicators; also if you take your time and turn the crankshaft until all the timing marks line up with the yellow timing indicators on the back of the timing chain the install becomes even easier)...no sense rushing an install like this...

if it sounds like popcorn the cam gears were installed incorrectly...your probably off by a tooth mark or two on the cam gears...

as far as warranty work...you can run the truck on the APR cam gears without having the x-1 installed...but you CANNOT run the APR X-1 tuner unit without the cam gears installed...make sense?

I have gotten warranty work done at my local Toyota dealership...they have never said anything about my x-1...sometimes I pull up and my computer is still plugged into the x-1...they just ask what's that and look so astonished that I have that capabilities...

I mainly bought the x-1 cause Toyota STEALERSHIP tried to make me pay $600something to retune my truck...I said frick that I can save $600 more and get the x-1...which is exactly what I did...
Old 05-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #19
Banned
[quote=T0LLPHR33;1817073]as far as warranty work...you can run the truck on the APR cam gears without having the x-1 installed...but you CANNOT run the APR X-1 tuner unit without the cam gears installed...make sense?/quote]

I get it. You need the gears to run the APR unit but you don't need to remove the gears if you aren't using it.

Quote:
I have gotten warranty work done at my local Toyota dealership...they have never said anything about my x-1...sometimes I pull up and my computer is still plugged into the x-1...they just ask what's that and look so astonished that I have that capabilities...
My dealership sucks. They already tried to blame my vibration problem on my exhaust.

Quote:
I mainly bought the x-1 cause Toyota STEALERSHIP tried to make me pay $600something to retune my truck...I said frick that I can save $600 more and get the x-1...which is exactly what I did...
Good deal then. Now I just have to save money for the APR kit and possibly a blower later. Oh and I have to wait until the APR unit works with 2010 trucks.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:04 PM   #20

Quote:
I get it. You need the gears to run the APR unit but you don't need to remove the gears if you aren't using it.
exactly...

Quote:
My dealership sucks. They already tried to blame my vibration problem on my exhaust.
they are stupid...exhaust doesn't create vibration problems...that's alignment and balance of tires...or the suspension...

have you figured out what maybe causing the vibration problems? maybe to much play in drive shaft?

Quote:
Good deal then. Now I just have to save money for the APR kit and possibly a blower later. Oh and I have to wait until the APR unit works with 2010 trucks.
a blower is in my near future... TRD S/C to be exact...

yeah toyota is being very hush hush on the wiring harness for the 2010...because they engineered it they are the ones that will give the go ahead to release it to the aftermarket guys...only way I know now to make the x-1 work with 2010 is splicing a lot of wiring...but no one is going to take that chance with such a complicated setup...

don't worry bro I'm sure it will be released any time...its just a matter of WHEN...

Products Discussed in this Thread