Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How do you think this would work?

Old 05-28-2010, 12:48 AM   #1
TheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: David
TheCheshire29's Tacoma Gallery
How do you think this would work?

an AEM brute force intake with a Magnaflow exhaust system???
im new, go easy on me.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:48 AM   #2
1st Gen. Pride
only_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really nice

Name: Kevin
only_K's Tacoma Gallery
Wonderfully. Anything with Magnaflow will do well.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:05 AM   #3
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
If you are looking for power, the majority of aftermarket intakes + exhausts do not provide much improvement for power. if you really want power and not just sound you will need either a S/C or a T/C.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:13 AM   #4
TheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheCheshire29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dont they help gas mileage?
cuz im only getting about 15 mpg.
and it sucks
and the sound is an added bonus
Old 05-28-2010, 01:27 AM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
^^ MPG gain is in the right foot...
Old 05-28-2010, 02:28 AM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
^^ MPG gain is in the right foot...
x2...I get shitty MPG cause I drive my Taco like its stolen most of the time
Old 05-28-2010, 02:36 AM   #7
ya, but i already drive like my unborn babies head is under the gass pedal.
maby it has something to do with me buying a truck from vegas...
i shooda just left it there, just like everybody else does with everything that happens there.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshire29 View Post
ya, but i already drive like my unborn babies head is under the gass pedal.
maby it has something to do with me buying a truck from vegas...
i shooda just left it there, just like everybody else does with everything that happens there.
keep it under 2k rpms when driving and under 70 highway.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:21 AM   #9
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
pick up a scangauge, it will teach you how too drive like an old man.

I get just over 17 during the winter and since it has warmed up I am pushing close to an average of 20 even though most of my trips are short which doesn't help mileage.

08 V6 access cab/manual tranny
Old 05-28-2010, 11:25 AM   #10
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
i dont beleive anything about getting better mileage, if it was possible to slap something on that adds power, its not going to increase mileage other wise toyota would have done it to the truck stock.

I have a cai and an aftermarket exhaust, I have a lot more noise, and worse gas mileage even when pussy footing it around.. expect to lose some mileage.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:18 PM   #11
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshire29 View Post
an AEM brute force intake with a Magnaflow exhaust system???
im new, go easy on me.
Make sure the brute force is CARB legal or you'll fail the smog visual inspection.