Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Weathertech or egr window deflectors?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2010, 06:55 AM   #1
copdude33 will become famous soon enoughcopdude33 will become famous soon enough
Army:
copdude33's Tacoma Gallery
Weathertech or egr window deflectors?

I've narrowed down to two makes. EGR or Weathertech? Weathertechs are more expensive and only come with a year warranty and EGR's come with a lifetime warranty. Just want the best for my truck.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:09 AM   #2
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my EGRs for about 4 years now. No complaints whatsoever.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:11 AM   #3
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
I have Weathertech on my Escape and they are great. I went with the EGR's because of the cost for my Yota and they are every bit as good!!
Old 05-29-2010, 07:18 AM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Mt EGRs have been on a few months without issue.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #5
legga400 is on a distinguished road
legga400's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Moose View Post
I've had my EGRs for about 4 years now. No complaints whatsoever.
Where did you buy yours? I have a 2012 DC but autoanything only seems to have them for the front windows.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
oothefuxdis is on a distinguished road
oothefuxdis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by legga400 View Post
Where did you buy yours? I have a 2012 DC but autoanything only seems to have them for the front windows.

EGR part # 574981
Old 06-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #7
pdrunk is on a distinguished road
pdrunk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by legga400 View Post
I like the low profile of the egrs. Had them for over a month with no complaints.
I got mine from amazon for $6 more than what it is selling for now. Cheaper than autoanything. Last time AA said item was on out of stock.

Egr #574981 is for the four doulecab windows.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000NP..._cr_item_title
Old 06-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #9
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I have the EGR's. No complaints here. Can't speak for the Weathertechs but I've been happy with mine. I think I paid $46 with free shipping from Amazon for my DC. The price changes constantly on there so I don't know what they're going for now.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #12
//TRD
GeauxTigers is on a distinguished road

Name: Caleb
GeauxTigers's Tacoma Gallery
Talking about a thread revival! ha. I have the weathertechs and like them a lot. I dont have any experience with any other window vents so i cant speak for the egrs. i think as long as you get the in channels and not the stick on crap, you'll be happy.

Products Discussed in this Thread