Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Steering Wheel Radio Controls

Old 05-30-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
Turrbine is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
Turrbine's Tacoma Gallery
Question Steering Wheel Radio Controls

I have a 2008 4x2 standard cab Tacoma. I have done the Ipod, intermittent wiper and cruise control upgrades. My question is since the truck was prewired for cruise control is it possible that it is prewired for the radio controls? The radio is the stock AM/FM CD player. Could it be as easy as buying the right parts? If it requires a whole new center with airbag then I would probably forget it because that has to be expensive. I was just wondering if anyone had any input, thanks.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:42 AM   #2
YGWYPF
RainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Naval Aviator
RainDodger's Tacoma Gallery
I'll tell you - my TRD Sport has the radio controls on the wheel and I rarely use them. It's just as easy and usually quicker to simply reach the 10" or so to the radio and press a button.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
yes from all i have read it is prewired.
you do not need a new airbag just the cover and the buttons.
Good luck your best bet to find part numbers is ask your stealership or email toyota of dallas www.trdparts4u.com
Old 05-31-2010, 10:10 AM   #4
redezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant future

Name: Charles
redezman's Tacoma Gallery
i love my wheel controls, only time i touch the radio is to load or unload cd's
Old 05-31-2010, 10:16 AM   #5
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
check out page three in this thread will give you all the deetails you need
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ff-road-3.html
Old 05-31-2010, 11:03 AM   #6
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redezman View Post
i love my wheel controls, only time i touch the radio is to load or unload cd's
Same here. I think its a wonderful feature