1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help!! Power Window

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Ramón TRD, May 31, 2010.

1. May 31, 2010 at 7:11 PM
    Ramón TRD

Ramón TRD [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon E. Hernandez
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    2006 White Tacoma TRD
    Magnaflow exhaust, 36" LED BAR, Bilstein 5100, Satoshi Grill with Hella Lights Future Mods: 50" Curved LED Bar on roof
    I want to make my two windows to go up and down automatically!! How can I do that? Changing just the switch?

2. May 31, 2010 at 7:12 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    what do you mean automatically, like just pressing it once and they go all the way down and all the way up

3. May 31, 2010 at 7:12 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    This has been debated before but I don't know that anyone has tried it. There are some aftermarket modules out there that will provide the auto up/down feature.

I also think that the switches from a scion tC (and maybe other cars) could do the trick...but I haven't tried it. If you use the site search for "auto windows" you should find some stuff...

4. May 31, 2010 at 7:13 PM
    MxRacer190

MxRacer190 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    hold it down for 2 seconds.

5. May 31, 2010 at 7:14 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Perfect example of an answer that's not really helpful in any way.

6. May 31, 2010 at 7:22 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    The switch in my wife's RAV4 is auto up/down. I want to take it out and see if the plug is the same. My assumption would be the plugs are probably not compatible. The key would probably be finding a compatible switch.

7. May 31, 2010 at 7:23 PM
    Ramón TRD

Ramón TRD [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon E. Hernandez
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    2006 White Tacoma TRD
    Magnaflow exhaust, 36" LED BAR, Bilstein 5100, Satoshi Grill with Hella Lights Future Mods: 50" Curved LED Bar on roof
    Buying another switch just like the one in the driver's side would work?

oh... But it wont go up/down automatically!!!

Btw would it work?

8. May 31, 2010 at 7:23 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    I'm in the same boat with the scion. I have the ability to take the door off and get to the switch panel- but I don't really want to unless I am sure it'll work. I'd rather get a spare/junked one and take the switch from that. Then I could cut wires and stuff too...

Products Discussed in

To Top