Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Help!! Power Window

Old 05-31-2010, 07:11 PM   #1
Ramón TRD is on a distinguished road
Name: Ramon Hernandez
Ramón TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Help!! Power Window

I want to make my two windows to go up and down automatically!! How can I do that? Changing just the switch?
Old 05-31-2010, 07:12 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
what do you mean automatically, like just pressing it once and they go all the way down and all the way up
Old 05-31-2010, 07:12 PM   #3
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
This has been debated before but I don't know that anyone has tried it. There are some aftermarket modules out there that will provide the auto up/down feature.

I also think that the switches from a scion tC (and maybe other cars) could do the trick...but I haven't tried it. If you use the site search for "auto windows" you should find some stuff...
Old 05-31-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
hold it down for 2 seconds.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:22 PM   #6
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
The switch in my wife's RAV4 is auto up/down. I want to take it out and see if the plug is the same. My assumption would be the plugs are probably not compatible. The key would probably be finding a compatible switch.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:23 PM   #7
Ramón TRD is on a distinguished road
Name: Ramon Hernandez
Ramón TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Buying another switch just like the one in the driver's side would work?

oh... But it wont go up/down automatically!!!

Btw would it work?
Old 05-31-2010, 07:23 PM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
The switch in my wife's RAV4 is auto up/down. I want to take it out and see if the plug is the same. My assumption would be the plugs are probably not compatible. The key would probably be finding a compatible switch.
I'm in the same boat with the scion. I have the ability to take the door off and get to the switch panel- but I don't really want to unless I am sure it'll work. I'd rather get a spare/junked one and take the switch from that. Then I could cut wires and stuff too...