Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

? regarding intake systems

Old 05-29-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
? regarding intake systems

i went to a local kragen interested in installing an K&n Air intake system for my truck but he said they were illegal in california but the filter would be fine but not the whole piping

anyone from california know if this is true
Old 05-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioso View Post
i went to a local kragen interested in installing an K&n Air intake system for my truck but he said they were illegal in california but the filter would be fine but not the whole piping

anyone from california know if this is true
its true b/c the entire setup isnt CARB approved. i do believe that there are some intake systems that are CARB approved, u just have to make sure it says that in order to be legal i cali, i do believe
Old 05-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #3
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
word i wanna put one in the guy said its cool but if u get pulled over u gotta switch it out with the original

does shit like cold air intakes void warranties?
Old 05-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioso View Post
word i wanna put one in the guy said its cool but if u get pulled over u gotta switch it out with the original

does shit like cold air intakes void warranties?
per the magnusson moss act (i think thats how its spelled), if u put anything on a vehicle thats aftermarket and something goes wrong under manufacture's warranty, they have to prove that piece u put on directly contributed to the failing of the item to begin w/....i think i explained that right
Old 05-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
so i should wait till my warranty ends?
Old 05-29-2008, 03:51 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator

if u find one that u like and is carb approved, i wouldnt worry about waiting. the main manufacturers do enough testing themselves....they arent going to put out a product that'll mess up the vehicle.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:16 PM   #7
bigguy78619 is a jewel in the roughbigguy78619 is a jewel in the roughbigguy78619 is a jewel in the roughbigguy78619 is a jewel in the rough
bigguy78619's Tacoma Gallery
you dont have to wait for the warranty to run out, if anything you can just swap it out to stock if something goes wrong