Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

shocks

Old 05-29-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
bigguy78619 is a jewel in the roughbigguy78619 is a jewel in the roughbigguy78619 is a jewel in the roughbigguy78619 is a jewel in the rough
bigguy78619's Tacoma Gallery
shocks

what kind of shocks are people using for the lift kits? i hear the donahoe are good as well as king, but i hear if you put kings the ride becomes rough, any suggestions?
Old 05-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #2
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
my friend put a 9 inchlift on his hummer using kings...kings r one of the best ive heard
Old 05-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #3
bigguy78619 is a jewel in the roughbigguy78619 is a jewel in the roughbigguy78619 is a jewel in the roughbigguy78619 is a jewel in the rough
bigguy78619's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioso View Post
my friend put a 9 inchlift on his hummer using kings...kings r one of the best ive heard
yeah thats sounds good, but i have a tacoma, i know those are good but i want to know if anyone has ran them and what experience they have had with them
Old 05-29-2008, 03:02 PM   #4
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
oh my uncle was gonna put em on his 01 tacoma but he never did but he said they were legit id be down to put em on but theyre expensive i think
Old 05-29-2008, 04:38 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy78619 View Post
what kind of shocks are people using for the lift kits? i hear the donahoe are good as well as king, but i hear if you put kings the ride becomes rough, any suggestions?
What spring rate are you looking at? If 700# or so, then Yeah, its going to ride rough. Most coilovers are going to make the ride a bit firmer, as this is a characteristic of most any lift. However, you can find what the spring rate is and determine just how stiff the ride will be. FWIW Donahoe is now ICON.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:40 PM   #6
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Kind of a vague question.

How much lift are we talking and what kind of budget?