LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Advice on Kenwood Excelon DNX9960

Old 06-03-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
jeomana is on a distinguished road
jeomana's Tacoma Gallery
Advice on Kenwood Excelon DNX9960

I just got my tacoma 2010 double cab with JBL audio.
I want to replace the stereo, and was thinking on Kenwood Excelon DNX9960.
Any advice?

Cheers
Jose
Old 05-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #2
dallas24 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dallas
dallas24's Tacoma Gallery
Did you ever end up replacing your factory JBL head unit? I'm in the last phase of replacing every audio component of my JBL stereo system with aftermarket components and am having trouble finding a wire harness that will work with the JBL system.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:05 AM   #3
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
I have that head... what do you want to know?
Old 05-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
dallas24 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dallas
dallas24's Tacoma Gallery
I'm having a difficult time finding a wire harness to use when installing my after market head. I have the JBL system but am replacing the amp/sub/speakers with after market components. My problem is I can't find a wire harness that will work when you replace the entire JBL system. The only harness I've seen is designed to jeep the JBL amp/sub/speakers.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #5
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
What are you expecting a wire harness to do exactly? You run everything you need by spling into the Kenwood harness for power, ground, and antenna... everything else you run directly to the amps... remote turn on, RCAs, bass control knob, etc. The speakers will run straight from amp to speakers.

Im guessing if you dont want to cut you factory wires you can use the JBL harness and cut it up to splice the parts you need.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:28 AM   #6
HonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Got out quite awhile ago
Name: Koi
HonoluluTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Devl is right, I'm in the same boat now too, replacing JBL head with an Kenwood double din and after market speakers, amp, sub and wires. All your gonna need is ground and power and parking break and a few others. You've got an 08 so no rear view camera right? I would add the extra $80 to put in the camera while your at it. Check out Tacotunes.com for a stearing wheel control interface and their aftermarket jbl harnesses, they have pretty good installation videos as well. Mr. Marv has been helping me, if you PM him he has done a ton of installs on tacoma and can also give you sound, sound advice.

Oh yeah, Jeomana that's a great head unit, go with it. Great advance sound options and Garmin Nav with a large high res screen, no brainer...
Old 05-18-2012, 08:36 AM   #7
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
You don't need to tie into parking brake... bypass it and you can program nav and watch movies while moving.