LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

CEL Question again.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
CEL Question again.

the other week the check engine light came on in my tacoma when I was 600kms from home. I drove it home, and made an appointment at the dealer, but I had to wait until today to get an appointment. Well, the other day I was checking everyything under the hood to make sure it was good, and checked the battery posts to make sure that was all good...but it reset my computer, and the dealership now can't tell why the light came on. My question is this...if there is a problem, should my check engine light come on again? If it doesn't should I not be concerned? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
If there is a problem then yes it should come on again. Some of the codes require a two trip detection in order for them to be tripped. It could have been something as simple as a loose gas cap also.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

They checked it out today, and couldn't find anything. I wonder if it could be attributed to the gas I filled my truck up with prior to my road trip...it was Costco gas which I've never used. I had read on other forums about their gas being not so good, and setting off peoples CEL?! I'm just hesitant to drive it in case I F it up...
Old 06-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
You won't F it up. Drive it like normal and see if it comes back. If it doesn't, then you are good to go.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:05 PM   #6

Ya think? I guess I will do that then. If the light comes on, then I'll just take it in... was just paranoid that if I accidently reset it, and it didn't come back on, I may harm the truck. Thanks.