Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

N-Fab Nerf step question

Old 06-03-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
N-Fab Nerf step question

Anyone with these have any problem when offroading? I not gonna do any hardcore rock crawling or anything just trail driving and desert run here and there. How do they hold up and any pro and cons?
Old 06-03-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
stump catchers! thats what they are. Probably will bend and/or get ripped off under the weight of the truck.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #3
buddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 2nd Bomb Wing
buddywh1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
x2 or they will crush into your rocker panels causing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in damages.

Your better off with tube steps - at least they sit flush and won't catch anything....

Can't wait till I save up for some sliders & sell my POS tube steps.
LOL...if it gets close enough to crash these bars, it'll crash tube steps too! For that matter: if it's close enough to crash a tube step your rocker's toast if you have no protection at all!

Sliders look to me to be the only "off-road armor" solution if your plan is to tackle serious obstacles.

I got n-fab's not for protection, just for clean-looking side steps that blend in with the line of the truck - sliders may be good armor, but they sure look like lousy side steps. Running boards are the best side steps, but look like crap and are TRUE 'stump grabbers' or worse!

All I ever do is trail riding (I look for ways AROUND obstacles...why tempt fate?) and these, being tucked tight to the rocker, with a small throat and sharply angled approach to the step, looks much better than any other side step or running board without being much of a 'stump grabber'.