Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed covers

Old 05-30-2008, 07:02 AM   #1
Spark Chaser
Dirtbag is on a distinguished road
Dirtbag's Tacoma Gallery
Bed covers

Does anyone know where to get a Fold-A-Cover fairly cheap? The local truck outfitter quoted $950.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:12 AM   #2
National Champions
death valley fan is on a distinguished road

Army: Louisiana National Guard 205th Engineering Battalion Commo Section
Name: Chris
death valley fan's Tacoma Gallery
What exactly are you looking for. Soft cover or hard. do you want a tri-fold. I have the Advantage Torza and it is great. Other brands that I have heard good things about are Extang, Lund, and Truxedo. Those are mostly soft covers but that was what I was looking for. Give a little more info and alot of other people will probably give you alot of info.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:43 PM   #3
Spark Chaser
Dirtbag's Tacoma Gallery
Fold-A-Cover is a brand name. It is a hard cover that folds. The one I have seen is a quad fold. Is there another brand that is the same?
Old 05-31-2008, 03:06 PM   #4
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Your internet skills are weak young skywalker .......try this website, looksl ike $780.00 plus if you use the discount code "Tundra" you get an additional 5% off.
http://www.realtruck.com/category-su...au_covers.html

check out this link on Tundrasolutions.com....notice the vendor Real Trucks...they offer the discount.
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...tonneau-cover/
Old 05-31-2008, 09:52 PM   #5
Spark Chaser
Dirtbag's Tacoma Gallery
Yoda

I am sorry master Yoda but i did say local shop not internet. (and there quote was insatalled for whatever that's worth.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:16 AM   #6
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Not to be technical, but you actually asked "Does anyone know where to get a Fold-A-Cover fairly cheap?" Well if it means anything.....what's local to you? You don't say what city your from....all your profile says is Alabama...is that Mobile? Birmingham? Tuscaloosa? Second anybody who knows how to use a wrench can install one of these covers in 30 minutes. If you feel like paying $200 to have some body install the cover for you....it's your money. Last but not least, you never did define cheap...so sorry for helping . You ill thought questions will get their rightful replies.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:44 PM   #7
Spark Chaser
Dirtbag's Tacoma Gallery
Install

Have you installed one before (any hard cover)? Does it interfere with the bed tie down system? Or does it you it to mount? I wasn't getting on you styles, I just couldn't pass up the Star Wars reference. Also when I said local I meant in town. I checked the site you said not a bad price, but do you know of any other brands (range $500-$600 not installed).
Old 06-01-2008, 03:57 PM   #8
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviestyles View Post
Not to be technical, but you actually asked "Does anyone know where to get a Fold-A-Cover fairly cheap?" Well if it means anything.....what's local to you? You don't say what city your from....all your profile says is Alabama...is that Mobile? Birmingham? Tuscaloosa? Second anybody who knows how to use a wrench can install one of these covers in 30 minutes. If you feel like paying $200 to have some body install the cover for you....it's your money. Last but not least, you never did define cheap...so sorry for helping . You ill thought questions will get their rightful replies.

jesus! little snippy there! Grab yourself a beer and take a deep breath......
Old 06-01-2008, 03:58 PM   #9
Air Force:
I personally have the Bakflip that I installed myself. Again, it took me about 30 minutes to install and all you need is a socket wrench. The Bakflip and the fold a cover are the two main folding style hard covers. There are others, but these two are the more prominant ones. Both covers allow you to use the factory rail system in your truck and do not require any drilling to install. The only advantage of the Bakflip is that it can fold up agains your back window, where the Fold A cover must be completely removed from the truck bed to allow a big item. The original Bakflip was crap, but the second generation is a much better product. IMO the quality of the Fold A Cover is better, but the Bakflip is more useable. Check out both companies websites (google Bak cover and fold A cover) both do indeed have websites for more info. Also the link I included in my earlier post has many a discussion on the differences between the Bakflip and the Fold A cover and many user opinions and inputs. The link is on Tundrasolutions.com if you go down near the bottom on the forums, they have a section just on bed covers.....enjoy
Old 06-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #10
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDeSoup View Post
jesus! little snippy there! Grab yourself a beer and take a deep breath......
I don't think so did you read his earlier reply? I think his original question was rather vague, as did the other person who replied....I will indeed have that beer....Cheers!