1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wet Okole Fading Problem?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Davisb68, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Jun 3, 2010 at 6:02 PM
    Davisb68

Davisb68 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Davis
    Birmingah
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    I was wondering if any body had problems with there wet okole seat covers fading? I had them on my old jeep wrangler and got rid of them cause they faded. Was thinking about getting some for my tacoma, but I dont want to spend the money if they are just going to fade.

2. Jun 3, 2010 at 6:05 PM
    epa4wd

epa4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    Clazzio Seat Covers OR Wheels 40% tint Side Steps KC Fog Lights
    They eventually fade. I had a set in my previous truck, I used their shampoo and protectant, they faded in about 2-3 years. I don't know if they are doing anything different now.

3. Sep 25, 2011 at 11:22 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Hey an old thread but have noticed on my 2006 covers that I bought in 2007 that the tan inserts faded to green in lots of places???? I found this out when I removed them to clean them up to sell.

I treated them regularly with the UV protectant and the spots faded were through the factory smoked tint in the rear slider and back windows. I mean its Vermont I think the sun is out 50 days a year.

Has anyone ever contacted them about this with success on warranty or am I sol?

FWIW tese were on tan inserts w/ black outers. The black still looks great I would think the opposite is true.

Washing and scrubbing does nothing :( except make them really clean and faded tint green. Weird....
    Have others on here experienced fade in 2-3 yrs?

4. Sep 25, 2011 at 2:59 PM
    fixer5000

fixer5000 the logical one

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2018 4runner limited in nautical blue
    since warranty is only 90 days id say youre outta luck. they do claim you have to uv protect them in the stuff they send you though. seems you did that but it doesnt work? i just installed a pair of fronts. i can only hope theyre better now or i wont be reccomending them to anyone

5. Sep 25, 2011 at 5:42 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Yeah I bought the wet okole kit and used it to clean them and the uv protectant every so often but never would have thought the tan would turn green. The black is vibrant still. My next set is gonna be black on black.

6. Sep 26, 2011 at 9:49 AM
    danimal92sport

danimal92sport Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    dcab, 4WD, TRD O/R
    After 4 years with my last set, the black was still very dark and the tan had turned green.

Dan

7. Nov 13, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    camiliosalomanda

camiliosalomanda Well-Known Member

Member:
    McKinney, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Super White
    Grill Craft Hella 500 Bed Aux Wet Okole Wet Okole Arm Rests Weather Tech Magnaflow OS Ram Night Breakers Rocky Mounts Custom IPOD Dock Pioneer AVH P4100 Relentless Sliders AnBCustomFab Bed Rack 3 Inch Icon Lift with leaf pack
    All,

I have this same issue and Wet Okole just responded to my email about it.

They will repair panels at 15 plus shipping a piece. I am gathering more details to provide to you all as well about to rip mine off and send them as soon as they respond.

Hello Sean,

The only option here that we can do would be to have those damaged colors replaced. Which means the seat covers would have to be repaired, and we do offer repairs at $15 per panel + shipping. If this is something you would like to do please let me know and I will give you more details on what we would need from you.

Thank you very much for your inquiry on Wet Okole Hawaii Seat Covers

8. Nov 13, 2013 at 9:07 AM
    camiliosalomanda

camiliosalomanda Well-Known Member

Member:
    McKinney, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Super White
    Grill Craft Hella 500 Bed Aux Wet Okole Wet Okole Arm Rests Weather Tech Magnaflow OS Ram Night Breakers Rocky Mounts Custom IPOD Dock Pioneer AVH P4100 Relentless Sliders AnBCustomFab Bed Rack 3 Inch Icon Lift with leaf pack
    From Wet Okole:

By panel it means every piece that is sewn on there. Does not matter how big the panel size is since I know the insert color (light gray) panel is 1 big piece and there is others that are much smaller.

So every single piece counts as 1 panel. So however many of those you need replaced, count them up and let me know and I will give you a quote on total pricing, as far as headrests go if you would like to order replacements too, the pricing on those is $20 per pair.

Thank you very much for your inquiry on Wet Okole Hawaii Seat Covers

Products Discussed in

To Top