Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

4WD Lo Light Blinking... Has anyone else had this problem

Old 06-03-2010, 06:38 PM   #1
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
4WD Lo Light Blinking... Has anyone else had this problem

Lo light blinking, Actually in Lo Gear (can tell from experience of being in low), locker won't engage and ATRAC won't come on....

Turned out to be this... Time for some Silly Cone and solder!!!

If you had this problem what was your solution?
Old 06-03-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
Lo light blinking, Actually in Lo Gear (can tell from experience of being in low), locker won't engage and ATRAC won't come on....

Not my solution but a damn good one.
Manual T-Case from an FJ
Old 06-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #3
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Not my solution but a damn good one.
Manual T-Case from an FJ
I think taking that sucker out, solder and silly cone may be a bit easier... certainly not as good as your solution but about 40 hours easier!
Old 06-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #4
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I think taking that sucker out, solder and silly cone may be a bit easier... certainly not as good as your solution but about 40 hours easier!
Certainly easier. Just seal that sucker up crazy good.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #5
JayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to behold

JayJay's Tacoma Gallery
two part glue (3m) its been known that silicone atracts water and breaks down ..... they used to use silicone on 60's an older car windsheilds ,thus rust from atraction of water and break down of product... now they use urathane based for glass....... electrical and silicone ????? , look for a urathane based two part epoxy 3m .... I been a body and frame tech for 23 yrs .... (or just get a new pigtail from toyoyta ) ... good luck my friend ...... silicone will work but it breaks down .........
Old 06-03-2010, 07:49 PM   #6
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
two part glue (3m) its been known that silicone atracts water and breaks down ..... they used to use silicone on 60's an older car windsheilds ,thus rust from atraction of water and break down of product... now they use urathane based for glass....... electrical and silicone ????? , look for a urathane based two part epoxy 3m .... I been a body and frame tech for 23 yrs .... (or just get a new pigtail from toyoyta ) ... good luck my friend ...... silicone will work but it breaks down .........
That's why I love this place! Very good! - Wats 'bout Permetex Right Stuff?
Old 06-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #7
Prepared for Bambi

Quote:
Wow great advice. Your a top notch member here in my book now.

Quote:
That's why I love this place! Very good! - Wats 'bout Permetex Right Stuff?
x2.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:04 PM   #8
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Wow great advice. Your a top notch member here in my book now.
You have that right! We need to get him a raise and on the special TW bonus program!
Old 06-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #9
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What about GE Silicone II? I thought that stuff was water proof.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:50 AM   #10
JayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to behold

JayJay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
What about GE Silicone II? I thought that stuff was water proof.
Yes water can not penatrate the silicone but it breaks down and yes it attracts water .........after breakdown , no worky worky !!!! and are you going to check it every few months or just use the right stuff ???? good luck WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO !!!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 08:52 AM   #11
Ban Pending

Quote:
Yes water can not penatrate the silicone but it breaks down and yes it attracts water .........after breakdown , no worky worky !!!! and are you going to check it every few months or just use the right stuff ???? good luck WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO !!!!!
No - I will take your advice and use the 2 part epoxy! - I just love the RightStuff for gaskets!

Thanks again!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #12
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
You know that thing is like $10 and 5 minute to replace

EDIT but if you glue harness to it its going to cost you over $200 to replace and few days of work
Old 06-04-2010, 10:07 AM   #13
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueT View Post
You know that thing is like $10 and 5 minute to replace
Well hell at that price I will order one today! Thank you! (and make a trail spare for my tool box!)
Old 12-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #14
cookee62 is on a distinguished road
cookee62's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Is that a pic of the your transfer case or front diff. Also can't see in the pic but what are u silacone and soldering

Thanks
Old 05-16-2014, 11:59 AM   #15
Ban Pending

Nearly four years later the Right Stuff is still keeping it together and working.