Notices

Hiding a key

Old 05-31-2008, 04:49 PM   #21
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblake00 View Post
I cut the rubber off and placed the metal part in the middle of a piece of duct tape and slapped it to a handy hidden spot. Done this on several of my vehicles. Never a problem and cheaper that the magic box.
Duct tape, the tool of champions worldwide!!!!!

Edit: forgot to mention zip ties!
Old 05-31-2008, 06:32 PM   #22
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I keep my spare key in my wifes purse. Next to my balls.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:15 PM   #23
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
has anybody ever tried to slim jim a tacoma and been able to get in?? I had to break my window to get in last time I locked my shit in my truck
Old 05-31-2008, 08:13 PM   #24
bblake00 is on a distinguished road

bblake00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowzerdoo77 View Post
has anybody ever tried to slim jim a tacoma and been able to get in?? I had to break my window to get in last time I locked my shit in my truck

No but if the window is down a bit or you can push / pry it down about an inch the antena can be used to reach the power lock button on the arm rest.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:14 PM   #25
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
your such a fricking tool !

~t
Ummm......ok. It was a joke.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:34 PM   #26
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
your such a fricking tool !

~t
............................. whatsup vegas?
Old 05-31-2008, 09:45 PM   #27
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Well usually an emoticon serves well to illustrate the attitude that first shows in your post. No sweat here, just a little puzzled<see? eMOticon
Old 06-01-2008, 08:47 AM   #28
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I keep my spare key in my wifes purse. Next to my balls.

I know the feeling brother!
Old 06-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #29
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagelg View Post
What's strange about this is I don't have a keyless entry or an alarm system, and now it doesn't do it anymore after I cycled the ignition.
If you have a clicker as you called it you have keyless entry.

Also sounds like you have some kind of security upgrade to cycle that way?

Valet non chipped key hidden somewhere that I'll probably forget about if the need for it ever arises.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:39 PM   #30
stratton will become famous soon enough

stratton's Tacoma Gallery
key

i had a key made for my wallet. it doesnt have the rubber part on it so it lays really flat. This will not start the engine so i also have a real key hidden inside the truck incase i lose my keys hiking or fishing etc... there is a few good spots to hide keys. Im not telling my secrete spot but i will say that the change holder pops out easy and there is a ledge behind it that holds a key really good.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:09 PM   #31
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4trd View Post
If you have a clicker as you called it you have keyless entry.

Also sounds like you have some kind of security upgrade to cycle that way?

Valet non chipped key hidden somewhere that I'll probably forget about if the need for it ever arises.
I stand corrected: clicker (remote) IS a keyless entry. I was thinking 'keypad on the door' as I was typing. I don't have any other security options. I probably couldn't make it do it again in a thousand years.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:46 AM   #32
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
sweet trick i learned....if you ever lock your keys in the car, and you have the keyless entry system and a cell phone, it will work.

if you have a second set of keys at home with the remote on them, call someone at your house from your cell phone, and make sure you call their cell(doesn't work with landlines). after they've answered and have your other set of keys, hold your phone next to the lock on your truck, and have the other person hold the remote to their phone and press the button. it should unlock. i was amazed when i tried it
Old 06-02-2008, 12:27 PM   #33
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
I put the key on a snap ring before I do anything else. If that fails, I have a key in my console safe. The cops here carry auto burg tools. I have them, but now, they are locked in. A lot of folks lock themselves out.
A chat with dispatch will get you a cop with the right tools.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:36 PM   #34
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
sweet trick i learned....if you ever lock your keys in the car, and you have the keyless entry system and a cell phone, it will work.

if you have a second set of keys at home with the remote on them, call someone at your house from your cell phone, and make sure you call their cell(doesn't work with landlines). after they've answered and have your other set of keys, hold your phone next to the lock on your truck, and have the other person hold the remote to their phone and press the button. it should unlock. i was amazed when i tried it
ARE YOU SURE...I call BS???? tHIS Myth has been busted. total BS

http://mythbusters-wiki.discovery.co...ar+keys?t=anon
Old 06-02-2008, 06:11 PM   #35
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
it worked on mine. the battery in my remote was dying, to the point where i had to be almost in touching distance from the car for it to work...so to try it, i went a good quarter mile down the road on my bike with someone else on their cell right next to the truck, and it worked. so either the myth is not myth, or by some fluke, my dead battery started working very well all of the sudden. either is fair game. go test it and tell me your results. i'm curious to see if it works for you.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #36
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I always carry one on my person, as a matter of; like a boot knife- hint hint
Old 06-02-2008, 06:30 PM   #37
I wanna haul stuff
Turbonium is on a distinguished road

Turbonium's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it worked on mine. the battery in my remote was dying, to the point where i had to be almost in touching distance from the car for it to work...so to try it, i went a good quarter mile down the road on my bike with someone else on their cell right next to the truck, and it worked. so either the myth is not myth, or by some fluke, my dead battery started working very well all of the sudden. either is fair game. go test it and tell me your results. i'm curious to see if it works for you.
Yeah, but... The remote works via electromagnetic (i.e., radio) waves, not sound. This can't possibly be true, but it was fun for my mind to go "Wait... Whaaaat? No. Wait. Uhhh... No. But... Maybe... No."
Old 06-02-2008, 06:32 PM   #38

Quote:
go test it and tell me your results. i'm curious to see if it works for you.
Tested! Didnt work on the Tacoma. Didnt work on the Honda. Mythbusters says no worky, and I agree.