1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Step Rails

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sammy87, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Jun 4, 2010 at 5:59 AM
    sammy87

sammy87 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    Hey I finally got my 10 Tacoma 4x4 and need some step rails. I'm pretty short and the fiance is even shorter so we need some steps. I was looking at N fab and Avid step rails. Just wondering what everyone's opinion was. It seems the Avid steps dont have an actual flat step on them just a grip tape. I dont how well those would work. Let me know what your opinions are..Thanks!

2. Jun 4, 2010 at 7:38 AM
    kramer2k

kramer2k Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner TRD OR
    I'm in the same boat. I'd like something intended for stepping, vice sliders for rock climbing. I won't be doing any of that. I'd like something chrome with rubber flat steps for my double cab.

3. Jun 4, 2010 at 7:39 AM
    sammy87

sammy87 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    I like the look of the N-Fab, but it seems the Avid bars look the same but they dont have an actual step. So i was looking to see what others have experienced with the Avid steps.

4. Jun 4, 2010 at 7:46 AM
    SCFirefighter

SCFirefighter on idiot patrol ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 DC TRD Sport 4x4 5'
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    How about the 2010 OEM steps? I got them, might be wiling to part. Shipping them would be a b**ch though ..

5. Jun 4, 2010 at 7:53 AM
    snudley

snudley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Timothy
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRDORDCLB
    I've also been looking at these things for weeks on the net, bouncing between the big brands and generic as well. I decided on black for my new Super White Prerunner.

I finally called a local pickup specialty store just for comparison. Glad I did. They are being installed tomorrow for $179.00, which is cheaper than the internet prices, and I don't have to lift a wrench.

6. Jun 4, 2010 at 9:24 AM
    raycie

raycie Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB / 2016 4R Trail
    In need of $$$
    I was with all of you till 2 days ago.. no rock climbing or need for actual sliders.. Just needed a step for the wife and in a year or so, the kid will need one too.. The 1.5 in lift didn't help the wife much either..
    Had to go with the CL find.. OEM tacoma tubes for $250.. $over $450 from the dealer.. pretty much the going price for avids as well (in hawaii)..
    Had some smitty'son my old truck, and a few years later, started rusting... Atleast I don't need to worry about these starting to rust out in a year or two..
    still like the look of the sliders though...

Products Discussed in

To Top