Notices

Help me build this Taco

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
Hero
nynightmare is on a distinguished road
nynightmare's Tacoma Gallery
Help me build this Taco

Hey guys, I want to start investing some money to make my tacoma more fun to drive. I was hoping some people could give me some advice on suspension ideas and other ideas.

This is what it is now.

Ideas appreciated!
Old 06-04-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
eddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant future
Name: Eddie
eddieEndo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eddieEndo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynightmare View Post
Hey guys, I want to start investing some money to make my tacoma more fun to drive. I was hoping some people could give me some advice on suspension ideas and other ideas.

This is what it is now.

Ideas appreciated!

Blackhouse (or any color) headlights
Satoshi
Find a set of foglights on the board and wire those babies up

I don't know how the suspension systems on the 2.7s are set up so can't be of any help there
Old 06-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
Three Percenter
SampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Steve
SampleFool's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good as is.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

This is what it is now.

Ideas appreciated!
I kinda like those wheels. What kind are they?
Old 06-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #5
2010 trd sport has a spectacular aura about2010 trd sport has a spectacular aura about2010 trd sport has a spectacular aura about

2010 trd sport's Tacoma Gallery
Woot! Another New Yorker! I dont know about suspension but as far as other accesories go I like my bull bar I just put on and I want to get some sliders next. Looking forward to seeing what you do!
Old 06-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
Hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
I kinda like those wheels. What kind are they?
The previous owner purchased them, I'll look more closely after work tomorrow.

I live down on long island, I actually work at a paintball facility in the woods. I enjoy off-roading on the fields after work. =)
Old 06-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #7
eddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant future
Name: Eddie
eddieEndo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eddieEndo
Quote:

I live down on long island, I actually work at a paintball facility in the woods. I enjoy off-roading on the fields after work. =)

that's sooo badass i used to be really into speedball / woodsball i can only imagine how fun offroading on the field is!!
Old 06-04-2010, 06:35 PM   #8
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I assume that it is a 4x4. What kind of budget are you looking at?

I would go with a desert look. Tube bumpers front and rear, a hoop on the front bumper for lights. I like my OME suspension, but you can go with Bilsteins too. I like the regular cab and white with black overfenders. Looks like a fun truck.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #9
Hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieEndo View Post
that's sooo badass i used to be really into speedball / woodsball i can only imagine how fun offroading on the field is!!
Oh, I enjoy myself once the players leave. I've actually towed small honda sedans out of a sand pit in the parking lot.
Quote:
I assume that it is a 4x4. What kind of budget are you looking at?

I would go with a desert look. Tube bumpers front and rear, a hoop on the front bumper for lights. I like my OME suspension, but you can go with Bilsteins too. I like the regular cab and white with black overfenders. Looks like a fun truck.
Yeah it's electronic 4X4 and manual 5-Speed.
My budget is about $1,000 until I get paid haha.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #10

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Don't get a bull bar, get one of the avid offroad bars for the front. They are bad ass.

http://www.avidoffroad.com/
Old 06-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #11
Hero
Quote:
Don't get a bull bar, get one of the avid offroad bars for the front. They are bad ass.

http://www.avidoffroad.com/
I'm thinking about getting a lift first. Although my friend with an F-250 cannot help me. I'm not sure how high to make this truck because it is relatively small compared to a double cab or access cab.

OR

I was thinking about getting some more "knobby" tires. Something nice for off-roading and driving on the street without too much road noise.
I have 265/70 R16's currently.

I cannot find the model type of the Rims. I just know their American Racing wheels.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #12
Hero
Also, would these fit in my stock bumper?
http://www.autoanything.com/lights/69A2150A0A0.aspx

Products Discussed in this Thread