Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Towing a Prerunner with Automatic Transmission

Old 06-05-2010, 01:58 AM   #1
Engineerlt has a brilliant futureEngineerlt has a brilliant futureEngineerlt has a brilliant futureEngineerlt has a brilliant futureEngineerlt has a brilliant futureEngineerlt has a brilliant futureEngineerlt has a brilliant futureEngineerlt has a brilliant futureEngineerlt has a brilliant futureEngineerlt has a brilliant futureEngineerlt has a brilliant future
Coast Guard: MK/Officer/Retired
Engineerlt's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Towing a Prerunner with Automatic Transmission

I have got a question. I have always been told to never tow an automatic with the drive wheels on the ground, as the transmission oil pump is not turning and the transmission could be damaged. Well my 2010 DBL Cab prerunner got towed. They mananged to tow it by disconnecting the shift cable; then picked it up by the front wheels and off they went. My question is how far can they tow it before the transmission gets damaged?
Old 06-05-2010, 02:05 AM   #2
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Bump, Interesting question. I would like to know too. I was told to disconnect the drive shaft.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:42 AM   #3
Logically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to all

Name: Wes
Logically Insane's Tacoma Gallery
Its in the manual... I cant remember what it said though....
Old 06-05-2010, 08:45 AM   #4
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Friends of our family own a towing/transmission service shop and they told me that anything over 30mph does damage.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:03 AM   #5
j1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
j1999t's Tacoma Gallery
i think the manual says remove the driveshaft if u tow it