Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

oil filter 90915-20004

Old 06-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
yv1650c is on a distinguished road
Name: Carlos
yv1650c's Tacoma Gallery
oil filter 90915-20004

Hello, my new truck has installed from plant the oil filter 90915-20004. I've been searching on ebay to make a lot buy of oil filters, but i cannot find this exact model.
Whats the difference beetwen -20004 and YZZ## filters offered on ebay? is the same filter?
What's the part number of the TRD one? is the TRD good? or by going with the Toyota OEM installed on plant filter is ok ?

thank you.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:45 PM   #2
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Not the same. Google the two part numbers (90915 -YZZD3 and -20004) and you'll find a lot of discussion on it.

I like the -20004, but I'm not going to go to any great lengths to get it. I am happy with a NAPA Gold filter.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:48 PM   #3
yv1650c is on a distinguished road
Name: Carlos
yv1650c's Tacoma Gallery
mmm, but it would be bad for my truck installing the -20004? or can i go with the yyzd3?
Old 06-05-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
Omnipotent
Hootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Hootbro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yv1650c View Post
mmm, but it would be bad for my truck installing the -20004? or can i go with the yyzd3?
You will have no issue going with the YYZD3 filter as a replacement. Most car makers have a different spec filter installed on the motor from the factory because it is usually installed with mechanical means (I.E. Robot or computer controlled install tool) and need a more robust constructed filter.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:22 PM   #5
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootbro View Post
You will have no issue going with the YYZD3 filter as a replacement. Most car makers have a different spec filter installed on the motor from the factory because it is usually installed with mechanical means (I.E. Robot or computer controlled install tool) and need a more robust constructed filter.
I think they used The Terminator to install mine. It was a PITA to get off the first time I changed the oil.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
Omnipotent
Hootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Hootbro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAAC3TACO View Post
I think they used The Terminator to install mine. It was a PITA to get off the first time I changed the oil.
Not uncommon regardless of make for the initial install filter. I use to work as an equipment maintenance contractor in the SATURN motor plant back in the day and seen where they installed the filter dry on the gasket and used a computer controlled install tool that counted both turns and torque. A thinner walled filter that is sold for home or mechanic install would have never held up to this process.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #7
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I say as long as it's a Toyota filter and it fits properly than you should be good to go. I only use Toyota filters on my trucks. I say if it came with it from the factory than that's what it should have on it all the time. Just my .02