LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Transporting Bicycles, What do you use?

Old 09-13-2013, 06:53 AM   #441
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua721 View Post
Simple... they lock and are a lot more stable then just straps.
Meh... I find the straps very sturdy and I have a large cable and lock I leave in the bed
Old 09-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #442
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
Any carrier where you have to remove the front wheel is too much work IMO.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #443
KB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant future
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfast View Post
It takes like 10 seconds. LOL
Old 09-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #444
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB Voodoo View Post
i know right, people these days.....so lazy. lol
Old 09-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #445
joshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoshua721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Satcom
joshua721's Tacoma Gallery
Try doing it with a lefty fork. And I can cut your cable and straps and be gone with your bike in no time. Try that with my rocky mounts.

Also I can have the bike loaded or unloaded while your still trying to untangle your straps
Old 09-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #446
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfast View Post
x2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon850FL View Post
i know right, people these days.....so lazy. lol
What do you do with your tire?
Old 09-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #447
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
I was using a fork mount on the back bed rail but now that I have a toneau cover I am using a Thule hitch 4 bike carrier. I prefer the ford mount but I love the Thule rack as now I have more room in my box. I'll post pictures tonight
Old 09-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #448
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
I was using a fork mount on the back bed rail but now that I have a toneau cover I am using a Thule hitch 4 bike carrier. I prefer the ford mount but I love the Thule rack as now I have more room in my box. I'll post pictures tonight
nice choice
Old 09-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #449
ffbartlett is on a distinguished road

ffbartlett's Tacoma Gallery
I use the bed of my truck
Old 09-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #450
Tillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Former Seargent
Name: Jeff
Tillers_Rule's Tacoma Gallery
Drag mine by the bumper
Old 09-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #451
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:

Doesn't get any easier than this boys... Plus it just looks bad ass
Old 09-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #452
smd3 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
smd3's Tacoma Gallery
Take the reflectors and pie plate off. It looks novice.

Get out to the trails, how many serious riders do you see with their bike strapped like that? None, because they have a holder of some sort because it's easier, and there's less risk of the bike coming loose.

With that strap setup if the wheels shifted the bike could fall over, granted the bed had grooves, but it could happen.

I also wouldn't want to have my shocks compressed like that just transporting the bike.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:26 AM   #453
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd3 View Post
Take the reflectors and pie plate off. It looks novice.

Get out to the trails, how many serious riders do you see with their bike strapped like that? None, because they have a holder of some sort because it's easier, and there's less risk of the bike coming loose.

With that strap setup if the wheels shifted the bike could fall over, granted the bed had grooves, but it could happen.

I also wouldn't want to have my shocks compressed like that just transporting the bike.
1. Shocks aren't compressed
2. Bike has never fallen over even high speeds on bumpy roads, extremely stable
3. Don't assume you know what kind of rider I am
3. I asked a question about the rocky mounts because I was curious not because I give a shit what you use.
4. Pie plate and reflectors? Do they affect your riding? I doubt it and I could give a shit if their still on. I suppose I could take them off so I "look like" a "real" rider. I like to look like I don't know what I'm doing that way when fools assume they end up looking like asshats

Old 09-14-2013, 07:28 AM   #454
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillers_Rule View Post
Drag mine by the bumper
What about the stones kicked up by your tires?

Hope you have your mudflaps on still
Old 09-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #455
1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
1911's Tacoma Gallery
subscribed
Old 09-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #456
Tacosupreme09 is on a distinguished road

Tacosupreme09's Tacoma Gallery
Bed bar with fork mounts:

I like using this setup because I can lock it. Its no fort knox, but its enough to keep the honest people honest when I'm in 7-11 buying chimichangas and 40's of PBR lol.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #457
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post

Doesn't get any easier than this boys... Plus it just looks bad ass
i beg to differ

Old 09-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #458
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It takes 10 seconds to remove your front tire, lift the bike into the bed align the fork run your axle through the mount and tighten it down? Impressive. And to boot you have no bed storage left because you have to rig the front tyres somewhere.

(To each their own) but look at the benefits of a hitch mount:
rack the bike by the top tube
keep both tyres mounted
full access to the bed
no storage loss in bed
rack up to 4 bikes
lockable (frames only)
fully lockable (with a cable lock)
Attached Thumbnails
Transporting Bicycles, What do you use?-img_7272.jpg  
Old 09-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #459
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking LB tf!
Old 09-14-2013, 11:16 PM   #460
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
I like the rocky mounts cause I have a short bed. Even with the front tire off, my 29er barely fits. Plus its easier to load our 3 bikes in the bed without having to deal with all that strapping.

Products Discussed in this Thread