Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Transporting Bicycles, What do you use?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
Addicted to my DSLR
madisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Officer
madisonsfinest's Tacoma Gallery
Transporting Bicycles, What do you use?

Trying to get some ideas of what people are doing to transport there bicycles in their tacomas. I've seen the Toyota option in accessories, and I'm wondering if yakima, saris, and others make the same thing. It would be awesome if you could post pics of your setups. Thanks!
Old 06-05-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought Rocky Mounts Clutch SD...It's pretty sweet!

http://www.rockymounts.com/Clutch_SD_p/011.htm
Old 06-05-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I strap it down like a dirt bike, with the front wheel on. Seems to work well.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #5
tussery has a spectacular aura abouttussery has a spectacular aura about
tussery's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tussery
Another Rocky Mounts user.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #6
Addicted to my DSLR
madisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cortland that looks like a good option and much cheaper than Toyota's offering. Can you post pics of yours in use? Thanks
Old 06-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #7
scmbr549 is on a distinguished road
scmbr549's Tacoma Gallery
Another Rocky Mounts user.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:59 PM   #8
tussery has a spectacular aura abouttussery has a spectacular aura about
tussery's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tussery
That's nice but would only work in a Long Bed DC which he doesn't have
Old 06-06-2010, 06:13 PM   #9
StarGazer is on a distinguished road

Name: MegaMan!
StarGazer's Tacoma Gallery
I use to use Swagman but can't w/ my much larger TT. But it worked great when I was towing my pop up trailer.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #10
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonsfinest View Post
Cortland that looks like a good option and much cheaper than Toyota's offering. Can you post pics of yours in use? Thanks
I will try to get pics up soon.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:20 AM   #11
Addicted to my DSLR

Well Cortland I hope it holds it in there really well, because I just purchased one based solely on your recommendation!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:45 AM   #12
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
two fork mounts bolted to the case of my roll up tenneau cover, and two on a thule roof rack up top. very happy with the setup

Old 06-07-2010, 08:03 AM   #14
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
I use Rocky Mounts also. They are quite nice, and you can store the moving parts inside the cab if you want to, which I do.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:13 AM   #15
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
I just throw it in the bed most of the time. For overnight camping trips when I need the bed for gear or for situations I need to have my bike locked I use this Sportrack.

http://www.altrec.com/images/shop/de.../8.67955_e.jpg
Old 06-07-2010, 08:14 AM   #16
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Anything w/o a motor, I stay away from.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:15 AM   #17
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
I have a long bed with a canopy so I have a Yakima that attaches to my hitch.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:30 AM   #18
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
Home-made bike rack: pressure-treated 2x6 and two fork mounts bolted to it. Works great and only cost me ~$30.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:34 AM   #19
sd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedsd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedsd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedsd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedsd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedsd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedsd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedsd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedsd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedsd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedsd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sd_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I used the Rocky Mounts rail mounted fork mounts. They are reasonably priced and extremely high quality.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:36 AM   #20
I like ze best!
Rhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rhino8541's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
(2) $10 locking mounts I bought from a member on here attached to my bed bar I bought from w8n4mud

I put the bike all the way to the side so it rides on my wheel hump and I can still fit tons of camping/kayaking stuff in the bed.
Thats a really good idea!

Products Discussed in this Thread