Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

paint question

Old 05-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #1
needataco is on a distinguished road
needataco's Tacoma Gallery
paint question

I just bought a taco about two weeks ago and I just took it thru the car wash. After the wash I decided to look the truck over and I noticed that the paint along the sides between the wheels toward the bottom looks 'textured' - I'm not sure how else to describe it. Is this normal? Just want to make sure the wash didn't mess up my truck.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-30-2008, 03:11 PM   #2
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
word ive felt that too like a rough feeling along the bottom of the truck not smooth
Old 05-30-2008, 03:28 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
its normal. its a type of coating done to help prevent rock chips/etc
Old 05-30-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
There should also be a covering by your rear wheel wells. It is smooth, but you can see the edge of it.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:36 PM   #5
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
i always wondered what that sticker thing was
Old 05-30-2008, 08:18 PM   #6
needataco is on a distinguished road
needataco's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys, makes total sense
Old 05-30-2008, 11:14 PM   #7
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by needataco View Post
I just bought a taco about two weeks ago and I just took it thru the car wash. After the wash I decided to look the truck over and I noticed that the paint along the sides between the wheels toward the bottom looks 'textured' - I'm not sure how else to describe it. Is this normal? Just want to make sure the wash didn't mess up my truck.

Thanks in advance!
Completely normal...... just one thing..... don't put your Tacoma on those carwash.... they usually scratch the paint, not to mention the water is recycled, it has chemicals and stuff which damage your painting....
Old 05-30-2008, 11:24 PM   #8
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioso View Post
i always wondered what that sticker thing was
That's a similar product to the 3M Clear Bra. It's just a thick sticker-type paint protection.