Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Steering Column Rattle TSB

Old 06-07-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
dalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dalsmthme's Tacoma Gallery
Steering Column Rattle TSB

Finally, a fix.... TSB-0119-10
Old 06-07-2010, 08:50 AM   #2
dalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalsmthme is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dalsmthme's Tacoma Gallery
Attached
Attached Files
File Type: pdf T-SB-0119-10.pdf (6.36 MB, 2618 views)
Old 06-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm.. mine doesn't rattle, it just feels like there is slop in the steering...I wonder if this would address that?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:48 AM   #4
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
good info thx, i noticed some issues with mine and will have the dealer take a look at it.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #5
MotoNerd
Caddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud of

Caddmannq's Tacoma Gallery
Looking at the photos & diagrams there's no physical difference in appearance. (though diagrams may sometimes be misleading.) Perhaps they just increased the clearance where the lower shaft sticks up through the stamped yoke. (the clearance people are filling up with rubber & plastic in this thread.)

Or perhaps there's a plastic bushing there now, that doesn't show up in the photos.

If anybody gets this done, I'd be very interested to see before & after photos.

Well, just after actually, since we all know what it looks like before.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
Rocking your mom's world Since 1997
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Not covered under warranty for me, but I might just buy the parts and do it myself.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #7
PA452 is just really nicePA452 is just really nicePA452 is just really nicePA452 is just really nice

Army:
PA452's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew02a View Post
Not covered under warranty for me, but I might just buy the parts and do it myself.
Yep. I'm approaching 50k miles. Too late.

On the plus side, I haven't really noticed it so much lately.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #9
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
philobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant future

Name: - philo
philobeddoe's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to philobeddoe
I don't know anything about any steering rattle, but I noticed the screws behind the wheel on the column were loose on my 2010

After reading the thread about the loose brake pedal bolt, I checked the brake, accelerator, steering wheel ... and found the latter loose.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #10
BLUETACOMA10 is on a distinguished road

Army: 287Th Sustainment BDE
BLUETACOMA10's Tacoma Gallery
my 2010 has a shake when going over bumps too. I will have to check this out....
Old 06-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #11
taco G will become famous soon enoughtaco G will become famous soon enough
taco G's Tacoma Gallery
would this include canada ive noticed mine doing the same thing in the bush
Old 06-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #12
Diablo is on a distinguished road

Diablo's Tacoma Gallery
Oh man so happy about this, i will be looking into this as soon as i get into town.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:16 PM   #13
Diablo is on a distinguished road

Diablo's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder how long this is going to take to be a valid number in canada.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:44 AM   #14
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully not too long becuase I'd love to have this fixed under warranty
Old 06-08-2010, 02:52 AM   #15
freesample will become famous soon enoughfreesample will become famous soon enough

freesample's Tacoma Gallery
so this is not avail in canada?
Old 06-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #16
Denn is on a distinguished road

Name: Denn
Denn's Tacoma Gallery
Oh so glad to find this too! This has been driving me nuts... Just got rid of my 07 that loved with no problems. My NEW 6 week old 2010 feels like my old 82 Suzuki Samurai did that I paid $500 bucks for. I've been to the dealer twice and said there was nothing wrong even when the had it on the hoist you could feel the looseness when you grab the wheels and move them. They said all the ones on the lot do the same thing. I've got another appointment on Friday so I'll let you know how it goes here in Canada with the TSB
Old 06-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #17
taco G will become famous soon enoughtaco G will become famous soon enough
taco G's Tacoma Gallery
i just called the dealership they have no clue about it told me to bring it in well like thats gonna help ill wait and see what happens if its getting fixed down south it should get fixed up here I WILL NOT STAND DOWN a rattled canadian
Old 06-08-2010, 10:59 PM   #18
Bodete is on a distinguished road
Bodete's Tacoma Gallery
Great find! This rattle drives me crazy everyday when I drive down my gravel road. I took to the deal right after I bought it thinking that something was loose or broken only to have the dealer say that everything is fine. I just had my truck at the dealer last week to do the rear tsb and to fix the leaking timing chain cover. It looks like I'll be making another trip back to the dealer before long to do the steering tsb.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:56 PM   #19
eddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant future
Name: Eddie
eddieEndo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eddieEndo
with aftermarket shocks this would be a nogo huh