1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Running a 4gauge Amp Kit in a 2nd Gen Taco

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Osiris117, May 31, 2008.

1. May 31, 2008 at 7:23 AM
    Osiris117

Osiris117 [OP] "Historicly, Historic"

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Blazing Blue Metallic 2017 TRD Sport 4x4
    Totally "Stock"
    Hey Guys,

This is a reply to an earlier post of mine. I was having some trouble running my Amp kit in my 2008 Taco, however last night I had a few revelations.

First, there is a large rubber gromet on the driver-side of the firewall where the wiring harness from the underhood fusebox runs inside the truck, on the bottom side of this is a small nipple:D. This is for running wires for various other goodies, clip the end off and with a friend, a piece of wire and a healthy dose of dish soap you should be able to get ur 4ga wire through it with out a problem.

Second, there are several places to ground your kit, but the best place is a small bolt located under the rear storage area under the rear seat, remove this plastic tub abd look right next to the lock bar for the passenger-side rear seat, it holds a bracket for the seat frame it should be a small silver 11mm bolt, remove this ground your kit to this, the drill a small hole in the black pastic cover to run your ground to your amp, look for pictures later.

Hope that this hels anyone that needed help.

- Matt (Osiris117)

Products Discussed in

To Top