Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tailgate Seal...Buy one or make one?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
Ocean's is just really niceOcean's is just really niceOcean's is just really niceOcean's is just really nice

Ocean's's Tacoma Gallery
Question Tailgate Seal...Buy one or make one?

I have heard that the tailgate seals sometimes don't seal all the way up, or arn't as thich as they should be or the sticky stuff doesn't stick to liners very well.

Any ideas?
Old 01-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean's View Post
I have heard that the tailgate seals sometimes don't seal all the way up, or arn't as thich as they should be or the sticky stuff doesn't stick to liners very well.

Any ideas?

I just put seal that came with my tonneau cover on. From the looks of it very similar results could be had with foam or rubber weather stripping from the hardware store.

I think I might have to fill in a few gaps with extra pieces of the sear or weather stripping.

I don't expect it to be as air tight as a submarine, just want the majority of the road spray out.