Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

NGK spark Plugs

Old 05-31-2008, 02:10 PM   #1
Weekend Warrior
crytesy is on a distinguished road
crytesy's Tacoma Gallery
NGK spark Plugs

I changed my plugs today using the suggested DENSO plugs. When I removed the original plugs, I discovered a mixture of NGK and Denso plugs?????

Why would they install 2 types? Some quality control program.........
Old 05-31-2008, 03:22 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
They've been doing that since they started making the Taco back in '95, no one knows really why they did that, but there have been many theories though.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:23 AM   #3
Wrath of the runbird
Bakemono is on a distinguished road

Bakemono's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Bakemono
Ive heard of that happening quite a few times. Toyota uses both NGK and Denso as plug suppliers and probably what happened is when the engine was assembled they finished out a box of Densos and just happened to grab NGKs next.
Its not that big of a deal, both the plugs are the same. It is kinda weird though.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:25 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakemono View Post
Ive heard of that happening quite a few times. Toyota uses both NGK and Denso as plug suppliers and probably what happened is when the engine was assembled they finished out a box of Densos and just happened to grab NGKs next.
Its not that big of a deal, both the plugs are the same. It is kinda weird though.
Not sure if thats the case, as all the V6 motors have one side Denso, and the other side NGK.