Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

08 Borla Exhaust

Old 05-31-2008, 09:59 PM   #1
Spark Chaser
Dirtbag is on a distinguished road
Dirtbag's Tacoma Gallery
08 Borla Exhaust

Does anyone know if the 05 up borla exhaust will fit on an 08? I have been on there web site and they say they do not currently have anything for an 08. But on other web sites they just say 05 up. Also I an looking for any recommendations on other brands. Anyone have the TRD. All I am looking for is more free flowing not necessarily louder.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
08 is the same as the 05-07. There weren't many, if any, significant changes. Most websites just haven't updated yet.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:04 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, it will fit. Keep in mind, "free flowing" is going to = louder. You can add a resonator to the exhaust to mellow it, but any free flowing exhaust will be louder than stock.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:02 AM   #4
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
I have the Borla on my truck. Not that loud w/just the cat back. Intake headers and exhuast is a different story though... But to me it's damn sweet...
Old 06-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #5
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
how easy was the install for the Borla? I heard the TRD is super easy for a DIYer
Old 06-01-2008, 10:15 AM   #6
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDeSoup View Post
how easy was the install for the Borla? I heard the TRD is super easy for a DIYer
Just bought the truck at time so I had dealer do it, warranty an all. After opting to install headers along with TACOROCKS help, I will never let a dealer touch my truck for a MOD again. They are truely a bunch of crooks.

Install should be easier than the Headers took me, Less than two hours if that. Make sure you have a tourque wrench, and should be pretty easy.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:33 PM   #7
Spark Chaser
Dirtbag is on a distinguished road
Dirtbag's Tacoma Gallery
Prices

How much did you give for the borla and TRD?
Old 06-01-2008, 04:27 PM   #8
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag View Post
How much did you give for the borla and TRD?
Borla Cat Back was 525.00 at Dealer. Dont have TRD. My Intake is True Flow XDI 289.00 lucky buy...
Old 06-01-2008, 04:32 PM   #9
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
I got the borla exhaust in my 08, it came with a borla air filter, which I never heard of. Anyways, it's a FKN sweet exhaust, got a nice rumble!
Old 06-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #10
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
I got the borla exhaust in my 08, it came with a borla air filter, which I never heard of. Anyways, it's a FKN sweet exhaust, got a nice rumble!
LOL, yeah I got that filter too. Basically a K&N drop in w/Borla's name on it. Anyways, gave that to a buddy, cause even though I know drop ins work fine, I am just not satisfied with stock plumbing and had to go aftermarket. Call it an addiction if you like, But as for the Cat Back, It cant be beat. Solid stainless piping, deep tone at all RPM's. It Truely sounds like a small V8. Just fun to drive.