1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

awesome bike rack

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by chilean101, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Jun 9, 2010 at 12:26 AM
    chilean101

chilean101 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ives
    ventura
    Vehicle:
    09 off road debadged
    Grillcraft mesh grill (top and bottom), Aries bullguard, shorty antenna, debadged, k/n cold air intake and air filter, 33 in bridgestone duelers a/t ,tinted windows all around, ddm 4500 lo/hi hid kit, webasto retractable moonroof, custom trd decals(scokmonkey), 3 inch revtek lift kit, led map and dome lights. super white fogs, newly added toyota OEM roof rack ,n-fab stainless steel side steps, chopped exhaust, full size trd anthracite spare tire . modded bike rack and spare tire rack mount(made by snobord 552)
    i recently had Snobord552 build me a second gen bike rack fro my truck. after messing with different screws, painting and getting lost in the mail i finally got some pics up. i use it weekly to haul my cruisers around to the beach. if u need one snobord is very professional and his work is pretty darn good. i have gotten many complemetns on it and its super easy to just load up the bikes and lock them in place. hit him up for info

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jun 9, 2010 at 1:29 AM
    Capita

Capita Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab
    very awesome! I love it. Also love the fact that you don't have to remove the front tire!

3. Jun 9, 2010 at 1:34 AM
    MadeInMaine

MadeInMaine MadeInMaine

Member:
    First Name:
    Owen
    Biloxi, MS
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    SIR!!!

BECAREFUL!!!!

YOU SEEM TO HAVE A RODENT INFESTATION IN YOUR BICYCLE BASKET!!!!
    you should call an exterminator!!!!

4. Jun 9, 2010 at 8:48 AM
    beach triple

beach triple Member

Member:
    How well does it hold the bike in place if it's only by the front wheel? I really like these but I'm afraid I'm going to hit a big bump on the highway and watch my bike pop up and go tumbling out the back.

5. Jun 9, 2010 at 8:58 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Chupacabralita says hello to your infestation,lol............and I say, hey, nice cruisers & nice cruising location!

[​IMG]

6. Jun 9, 2010 at 8:59 AM
    Silver06Taco

Silver06Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    WA state
    Vehicle:
    Silver 06 DC TRD Sport
    It looks very cool. I'd definitely look into that if I wasn't getting a canopy. Besides that I use a Yakima rack for the trailer hitch.

He's got locks on both front wheels, through the spokes.

7. Jun 9, 2010 at 9:04 AM
    SplitDecision

SplitDecision Phones Ringin Dude

Member:
    First Name:
    Haywood Jablowme
    NY
    Vehicle:
    Silver TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100x4, Truxedo lo pro QT,Hid Retro,2011 painted grill,Alpine head unit,Foglight mod,NFAB steps
    Looks great but I like the slider fork holder so I can close my tail gate. Removing the front wheel takes to no time at least with the quick release axle.Obviously for the bikes you haul OP it's perfect and craftsmanship looks excellent.

8. Jun 9, 2010 at 9:25 AM
    chilean101

chilean101 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ives
    ventura
    Vehicle:
    09 off road debadged
    Grillcraft mesh grill (top and bottom), Aries bullguard, shorty antenna, debadged, k/n cold air intake and air filter, 33 in bridgestone duelers a/t ,tinted windows all around, ddm 4500 lo/hi hid kit, webasto retractable moonroof, custom trd decals(scokmonkey), 3 inch revtek lift kit, led map and dome lights. super white fogs, newly added toyota OEM roof rack ,n-fab stainless steel side steps, chopped exhaust, full size trd anthracite spare tire . modded bike rack and spare tire rack mount(made by snobord 552)
    no problem with bumps once you put the bike in you can secure it.each rack has a tightening knob which snugs around the tire making it impossible to fall out, like i said snob sure came up with a good design

9. Jun 9, 2010 at 9:48 AM
    woods247

woods247 Well-Known Member

Member:
    back yonder
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab 4x4
    SAWs front, Fox resi rear, Total Chaos UCAs, 17" BBS RD-Truck FJ Rims with 255 BFG KM2s, TRD exhaust/intake, OME Springs, All-Pro flip kit, Timbren rear bumpstops, custom spare carrier, All-Pro skids, Beefed Sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Warn M8000 w/Synth MasterPull line, Procomp 30" LED lightbar, Bestop Soft topper, Safari Snorkel, CBI Bushmaster (custom), Baja Racks Utility rack, All Pro custom bed rack, Leer 100XQ
    That rack's pretty smart. I likes dat!

Products Discussed in

To Top