Access Rear Side Window Opener?

Old 06-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
JMark is on a distinguished road
Navy: weather man
Name: JMark
JMark's Tacoma Gallery
Access Rear Side Window Opener?

Hi Gents,

My '07 Access Cab is just great because I don't have to haul instructors along, just the Goldie Pup. Well, great until now cause the cuddly little pup that wanted to sit in front and stick her nose out is up to 65 lbs with 15 lbs of fur added on. Would really be cool if I could fix the rear side windows to open and keep the bitch in back where she belongs! No, no, the puppy!

Anyone ever pulled and hinged the side windows on an Access Cab?

Would settle for just removable if in and out is reasonable.

Yeah, I really do know there is a big dog box right behind the cab.

Help most appreciated.

JMark
Old 06-09-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
Logically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to all

Name: Wes
Logically Insane's Tacoma Gallery
I havent figured out why they dont open in the first place... little annoying to say the least..
Old 06-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Great idea, and I think you'd be the first one sporting that mod if you pull it off.

If you get it going, definitely post pictures. I'm sure lots of folks would like to set that up on their own trucks.

Welcome to TW!
Old 06-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
I really don't know what Toyota was thinking by not having them open. I'd love to see if it can be done though.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
08TacoTrD will become famous soon enough
08TacoTrD's Tacoma Gallery
The flip-out windows were a great feature on my old Dakota. Add me to the list of those who wish Toyota had that option.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #6
Barnone
Barnone's Tacoma Gallery
A rear slider won't keep the dog happy in the back?
Old 06-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #7
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
That would look and be damn cool. I bet it wouldn't be that hard. You could probably recycle the hinge and latch off a truck that did have vent windows.
The tough part though would be getting it to not leak.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #8
BLUETACOMA10 is on a distinguished road

Army: 287Th Sustainment BDE
BLUETACOMA10's Tacoma Gallery
I have not heard or seen anything on this, but would like to have it done too. suscribed just in case...
Old 06-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #9
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

Hambone155's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Hambone155
custom make some lexan or plexie glass ones. and custom fit some brakets from the first gen windows or you could just make it a bolt up window but that might be risky
Old 06-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #10
Human after all
2blu4u is just really nice2blu4u is just really nice2blu4u is just really nice2blu4u is just really nice

2blu4u's Tacoma Gallery
I saw these on a new Silverado the other day. These would be really cool on our trucks. Definitely would pay for these if available, for the same reason.