LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

265/70 versus 265/75 size difference. BFG AT's With pics!

Old 06-09-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
whitetaco02's Tacoma Gallery
265/70 versus 265/75 size difference. BFG AT's With pics!

Mods, I hope this is okay I posted it here. I figured it would get more looks but I do see this a lot!

Okay, so I currently have the stock 265/70/16 bfg rugged trails and they have 20,045 miles on them. I ordered some 265/75/16 bfg all terrain tires for $665.00 shipped (after $60 rebate) from discount tire as they price matched onlinetires.com. (I couldn't beat it!!) I didn't "need" the tires but really couldn't pass up this deal as it saved me over $200.

Well, they arrived today after ordering Monday and I immediately wanted to see how much bigger they were than the stock ones. The pics aren't the greatest but I wanted to give you all an idea. They are definitely taller than what I am currently running so I am pleased about that. I just have to decided whether I want to install these on the rims I have now or do I want to wait and find some new rims to put these on.

I took them to my dad's as he has a much bigger garage than me!

Old 06-09-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
You could buy my wheels if your interested

75s make a big difference...you should see the difference between 285/75/16s and 265/75/16s...Its awesome! I can't wait to get some 285s

Oh and congrats
Old 06-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #3
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here is what they will look like on the stock rims. I will more than likely have them mounted with the RWL inside....
Old 06-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post

75s make a big difference...you should see the difference between 285/75/16s and 265/75/16s...Its awesome! I can't wait to get some 285s

Oh and congrats
I wanted to go with 285's but really don't want to lift the truck. If I do decide to lift it I will go with the Bilstein 5100's up front set at 1.75 as I have the rear TSB done. My buddy had 285's and I just don't want to fool with rubbing or cutting!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetaco02 View Post
I wanted to go with 285's but really don't want to lift the truck. If I do decide to lift it I will go with the Bilstein 5100's up front set at 1.75 as I have the rear TSB done. My buddy had 285's and I just don't want to fool with rubbing or cutting!
You'd hardly rub with 4.5 backspaced wheels and the cutting is minor...a monkey could do it
Old 06-09-2010, 08:57 PM   #6

Quote:

Oh and congrats

P.S. Onlinetires has bfg at's in a 285 on sale for $162.41 a piece! discounttires will price match!!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #8

Quote:
You'd hardly rub with 4.5 backspaced wheels and the cutting is minor...a monkey could do it
I know!

I just really want to keep the suspension stock for right now. Maybe when these tires wear out and I need some new ones I may bite the bullet...

By then the warranty will be out and I can do what I want! lol
Old 06-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #9

Quote:
P.S. Onlinetires has bfg at's in a 285 on sale for $162.41 a piece! discounttires will price match!!
hmmmm.....your gettin my gears turning lol! Thats good info to know. Thanks man
Old 06-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
Mount em on the stock rims with the white writing not showing.
That I what I may do.

Trying to decide if I really need, I mean want, new rims! lol
Old 06-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #11

Quote:
I know!

I just really want to keep the suspension stock for right now. Maybe when these tires wear out and I need some new ones I may bite the bullet...

By then the warranty will be out and I can do what I want! lol
very true!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:01 PM   #12

Quote:
That I what I may do.

Trying to decide if I really need, I mean want, new rims! lol
The stock ones are cool for stock stuff...its an unnecessary purchase IMO if your gonna run stock size tires.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #13

Quote:
hmmmm.....your gettin my gears turning lol! Thats good info to know. Thanks man
Discount tires also has a $60 rebate until June 12th. Only thing is discount will charge you the shipping onlinetires charges even though discount has free shipping. Ticked me off a bit but when tires plus here in town quoted me a little over 900 for these same exact tires I HAD to jump on it!

The guy I spoke with at Discount was extremely helpful as well so I couldn't ask for anything better!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #14

Nice!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #15

Quote:
The stock ones are cool for stock stuff...its an unnecessary purchase IMO if your gonna run stock size tires.

So what you're saying is I should buy new rims?

Since technically I am not running "stock" tires sizes. haha
Old 06-09-2010, 09:05 PM   #16
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
+1
Old 06-09-2010, 09:07 PM   #17
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So what you're saying is I should buy new rims?

Since technically I am not running "stock" tires sizes. haha
You're running stock size diameter (16"), so what he's saying is do not buy new wheels.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettBretterson View Post
You're running stock size diameter (16"), so what he's saying is do not buy new wheels.
I was being sarcastic man.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #19

Quote:
I was being sarcastic man.
lol...I mainly meant stock equipment. No, 265/75/16s are not "stock" but they work with stock equipment. Get new wheels if you lift it 3" and above
Old 06-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #20
Soundwave has a spectacular aura aboutSoundwave has a spectacular aura about

Soundwave's Tacoma Gallery
I think the stock rims look good...thats a huge improvement over the stock Ruggedfails! I want to get some new 265/75's too!