1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

09 TSB's Approved :)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Major91, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Jun 11, 2010 at 4:18 PM
    blacktacoma33

blacktacoma33 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Landon
    Redmond, Wa
    Vehicle:
    09 Black TRD Sport
    2 inch spacer in front with add-a-leaf in rear, Billet grill, Tinted windows
    I had the dealer fix the rear suspension squeak about 8 months ago and it went away but now its back. I dont think it will ever go away. theres a write up on here somewhere about a temporary fix you can do yourself that lasts around 6 months at a time. shits annoying though i feel like a mexi wagon rolling up to groups of people.

2. Jun 11, 2010 at 5:37 PM
    bruinsrme

bruinsrme Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Worcester
    Vehicle:
    BRM 2010
    Had mine done in Kingston with the exhaust.
    I wouldn't bring it to Harr just had some bad experieincs there. Tri-State is OK

3. Jun 17, 2010 at 5:58 AM
    Major91

Major91 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Masshole
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD OffROAD Barcelona Red
    On Anytime Fog Lights Satoshi Grillcraft Misc LEDS 5100's all around Konig's16". Duratracks, debadged,tinted fronts, custom shifter, flyzeye
    Truck is in for the Harsh ride TSB and for the rear leaf squeak this morning........the squeak in the rear leafs is fixed with a 'gel' and not plates like they explained to me last week since i am having the TSB done for the harsh ride also........they said they have been doing this procedure for 2 years on the squeak issue.......:D

4. Jun 18, 2010 at 5:01 AM
    Major91

Major91 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Masshole
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD OffROAD Barcelona Red
    On Anytime Fog Lights Satoshi Grillcraft Misc LEDS 5100's all around Konig's16". Duratracks, debadged,tinted fronts, custom shifter, flyzeye
    Had the TSB for the harsh ride and auto transmission reflash and let me say i think i have a completely different truck for the better. The entire leaf springs were replaced. Plates were already in between for the squeak issue that some have reported in the rear. Ride is higher than before for sure and love the feel of the way it rides! Auto transmission reflash was another.......nice and smooth now..........Tri State Toyota did me good! :D

5. Jun 20, 2010 at 7:01 PM
    kikkoman

kikkoman Active Member

Member:
    OC
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4 DC
    16X8 AR Mojave wheels, BFG T/A KO 265/70/16, OEM Running Board, OEM All Weather Floor Mats, Neoprene Seat Covers, De-badged, cheeap rubber antenna from Pep Boys
    I got my tranny re-flashed a few days ago, and it really is like night and day. I realized afterward that shifting between the higher gears was pretty wierd too. But its running like a champ now! Just a tip, when asking for work done for any of the TSBs, you have to let them know that you are, in fact, having that issue. The dealer basically said they would only look into it if you're having a problem with that particular issue. Like the intermidiate steering shaft....i wasn't having a problem, but told them I was....and now I'm waiting on a shaft, and they'll change it. I wanted to get that done before I put on my new mojave's and bfg's....cause who knows what kind of BS they'll try to pull if you have aftermarket stuff on your truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top