Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota all season mat mishap

Old 06-01-2008, 09:59 PM   #1
TacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud of

TacoSter's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota all season mat mishap

Guy at the car wash did not hook up the mat back on the holding clip... lesson learned today? When the damn mat is not hooked.. do not punch it!
Went to goose the gas to make a yellow light... gas pedal sticks full throttle ... scares the crap outta me cause at the time... no clue what had happened except the tach was ready to red line, I was doing 85 in a 45 & cars were getting way to close! I was ready to shut the motor down till I figured it out the mat was wedged into the pedal
So glad the girl friend was not with... woulda been a scream & bitch me out factor to add to the embarrassment
Anybody want a cheap deal on the mats? Do weather techs do this??
Old 06-01-2008, 10:01 PM   #2
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSter View Post
Guy at the car wash did not hook up the mat back on the holding clip... lesson learned today? When the damn mat is not hooked.. do not punch it!
Went to goose the gas to make a yellow light... gas pedal sticks full throttle ... scares the crap outta me cause at the time... no clue what had happened except the tach was ready to red line, I was doing 85 in a 45 & cars were getting way to close! I was ready to shut the motor down till I figured it out the mat was wedged into the pedal
So glad the girl friend was not with... woulda been a scream & bitch me out factor to add to the embarrassment
Anybody want a cheap deal on the mats? Do weather techs do this??
That happened to me in my old truck (ford ranger) , the pedal got stuck, so i used the tip of my shoe to force it back and then the whole f'n pedal assembly came off....that was a very sucky day for me......
Old 06-01-2008, 11:30 PM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
wow. good ya got it stopped. glad i always attach mine on the little hooks- now that i know what the outcome can be i have a little more reason to not forget.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:59 AM   #5
CutandShootTaco is on a distinguished road
CutandShootTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
That happened to me in my old truck (ford ranger) , the pedal got stuck, so i used the tip of my shoe to force it back and then the whole f'n pedal assembly came off....that was a very sucky day for me......
You gotta love Ford Rangers. I had one for 2 years and the check engine light never went off, even though 2 dealers could not find a dman thing wrong with it!!