Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Can i replace a 2010 back glass w/ a 2007 back glass?

Old 06-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
Vrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to behold
Vrbas's Tacoma Gallery
Can i replace a 2010 back glass w/ a 2007 back glass?

I'm curious if they are interchangeable. My dad has a sliding rear window on his truck and never uses it, i don't and wish i had one... so i was thinking maybe i could just swap them.

Thanks.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
I would assume so. There aren't body differences, and I'm pretty sure I saw that somebody on here went from having a slider to not. But somebody with more knowledge will chime in soon I'm sure.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #3
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
no problem, same size. Or you can look into getting a slider window from CR Lawrence (the brand most auto glass company's will handle). I have the CR Lawrence in my truck due to breaking the factory back window. It's nice.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:49 PM   #4
Vrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to beholdVrbas is a splendid one to behold
Vrbas's Tacoma Gallery
I figured as much, i just know that between 08 and 09 they changed some safety features and i wasn't sure that'd play into the back glass in any way.

Can i do it myself? Anyone know of any writeups or can explain to me how to do it correctly w/o screwing anything up?
Old 06-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
jackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: Goddamned Paratrooper
Name: Mike
jackwithcorona's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck take pics please