LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Temp gauge

Old 06-11-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
mmmmm beer!
05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold

Name: Paul
05TacomaCO's Tacoma Gallery
Temp gauge

Does anybody know the part number for the temp gauge? And where to order other than the stealership. Thanks.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Isn't the temp gauge part of the pcb gauge cluster?
Old 06-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #3
mmmmm beer!
05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold05TacomaCO is a splendid one to behold

It is for the compass/temp located by the horn. My 05 didn't come with the unit, so I am using a rear view mirror that I got from the salvage yard. Its all wired, compass works fine, just need the temp sending unit but can't find a part number.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #4
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
i googled a few weeks ago looking for one. Found one online for like 12 bucks. Ive spent about 15min trying to track it down but no luck. But their out their just spend some time going through the google links.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:07 AM   #6
Sua Sponte! RLTW
75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed75thrangertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 101st airborne
Name: charles
75thrangertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacomaCO View Post
It is for the compass/temp located by the horn. My 05 didn't come with the unit, so I am using a rear view mirror that I got from the salvage yard. Its all wired, compass works fine, just need the temp sending unit but can't find a part number.
ambient temperature sensor call the stealer and give him your vin. askfor it and presto
Old 06-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #7
mmmmm beer!

thanks for your help snowgod
Old 06-12-2010, 09:16 AM   #8
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm, not to go off track, but do even the trucks without temp sensors have these?

I thought it was the engine temp sensor, where is that located?

Just curious because I had to move my horns so they didn't show through my grill.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #9
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Hmmm, not to go off track, but do even the trucks without temp sensors have these?

I thought it was the engine temp sensor, where is that located?

Just curious because I had to move my horns so they didn't show through my grill.
09+ should all have it, since it is part of the A/C control hardware. If you plug in an 09+ overhead console it reads the ambient temp from the A/C control computer.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #10
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
09+ should all have it, since it is part of the A/C control hardware. If you plug in an 09+ overhead console it reads the ambient temp from the A/C control computer.
100% correct from what Ive read. Most models all have the wiring for the sensor, but may not have the sending unit that are 05-09.

hope that the link i gave helps you out. 12 bucks is a damn good price.