Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2nd gen cruise control

Old 06-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
Lifes a garden, dig it.
huntinggunns has a brilliant futurehuntinggunns has a brilliant futurehuntinggunns has a brilliant futurehuntinggunns has a brilliant futurehuntinggunns has a brilliant futurehuntinggunns has a brilliant futurehuntinggunns has a brilliant futurehuntinggunns has a brilliant futurehuntinggunns has a brilliant futurehuntinggunns has a brilliant futurehuntinggunns has a brilliant future

Army: 63H
Name: Fred
huntinggunns's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gen cruise control

Just wanted to share this with everyone on TW. My dad has an 07 base 2wd. I'm talking almost as plain as they get. The only additions this truck has from the factory is A/C and Auto. He has complained since he bought it that he couldn't get cruise for it. After searching TW I found the link to Toyotanation that showed how to put OEM cruise on his truck. After reading the thread I thought, this is to easy to be true. I contemplated for a few weeks and then told my dad I was going to order the parts, if it didn't work I would keep them so if my switch ever went bad or if I knew someone else that needed one I would have it. Well, I can now verify that it is just that easy. $133.00 from the dealer for the switch, steering wheel side cover, jumper wire assembly, and 2 screws. It took less than 10 minutes to install. Works perfect. For those that dont' have cruise don't hesitate to do this mod and enjoy.
Fred
2nd gen cruise control-100_1194.jpg

2nd gen cruise control-100_1195.jpg

2nd gen cruise control-100_1196.jpg

2nd gen cruise control-100_1197.jpg
Old 06-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
Nice buck you have in your Avatar man...

Sorry for going off topic.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Nice
Old 06-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #4
Reaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud ofReaper22 has much to be proud of
Army: Combat Engineer's
Reaper22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinggunns View Post
Just wanted to share this with everyone on TW. My dad has an 07 base 2wd. I'm talking almost as plain as they get. The only additions this truck has from the factory is A/C and Auto. He has complained since he bought it that he couldn't get cruise for it. After searching TW I found the link to Toyotanation that showed how to put OEM cruise on his truck. After reading the thread I thought, this is to easy to be true. I contemplated for a few weeks and then told my dad I was going to order the parts, if it didn't work I would keep them so if my switch ever went bad or if I knew someone else that needed one I would have it. Well, I can now verify that it is just that easy. $133.00 from the dealer for the switch, steering wheel side cover, jumper wire assembly, and 2 screws. It took less than 10 minutes to install. Works perfect. For those that dont' have cruise don't hesitate to do this mod and enjoy.
Fred
Yup easy cool mod, cruise is nice..